PDA

View Full Version : Keepin' it real fake: Apple iPod mini 2

MacBytes
Jan 20, 2006, 09:15 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Apple Hardware
Link: Keepin' it real fake: Apple iPod mini 2 (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20060120221513)
Description:: It must be really great to live in Asia where you can get Apple's latest iPod - like the iPod mini 2 for HK $950 (about US $120), no less.

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jan 20, 2006, 09:42 PM
So close... and yet so ugly... :D

doucy2
Jan 20, 2006, 09:55 PM
nice ide want one just for kicks an giggles
and to say to all my friends that think its a big deal to have an ipod (when i had one 3 years before they did) that now ive got the newest promo ipod lol

Superdrive
Jan 20, 2006, 10:44 PM
The real question is: "Does it have wireless?" ;)

gammamonk
Jan 21, 2006, 02:40 AM
256megs, did you see that part? haheheah

faintember
Jan 21, 2006, 02:48 AM
Wow, that is the second time tonight that i have choked on my beer because of these forums. There should be a disclaimer on some of these threads....jeeez!

But seriously, does it support FW and USB 2.0??? Or did they use USB 3.0 and FW 1200!!!!!!!!!:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

bigandy
Jan 21, 2006, 03:54 AM
yikes!

SPUY767
Jan 21, 2006, 04:53 AM
What a piece of junk. I bet it come with complimentary poor-english-translation like the old nintendo games used to.

20rogersc
Jan 21, 2006, 05:03 AM
That is one ugly iPod. Hope no one fell for this :confused: :o

::20ROGERSC::

joshysquashy
Jan 21, 2006, 05:07 AM
it must take some expertise to create an mp3 player in the first place, so if they put so much effort into it how come it looks so disgusting, I could design a much nicer product, there's just no need for it.

looks like something microsoft would make!!! slap me now!!!

hob
Jan 21, 2006, 06:30 AM
it must take some expertise to create an mp3 player in the first place, so if they put so much effort into it how come it looks so disgusting, I could design a much nicer product, there's just no need for it.

You deserve a hug and/or a handshake - not a slap my man!

F14CRAZY
Jan 21, 2006, 08:19 AM
I have a lot of family in the Philippines and was there last October.

At the mall we saw a lot of electronics... instead of Sandisk, there's Sundisk. Sany, not Sony. Pensonic, not Panasonic. Kenwoot, not Kenwood. Crazy stuff. This was a big and busy mall too, so it looks like they do little to enforce trademarks

sunfast
Jan 21, 2006, 08:59 AM
I have a lot of family in the Philippines and was there last October.

At the mall we saw a lot of electronics... instead of Sandisk, there's Sundisk. Sany, not Sony. Pensonic, not Panasonic. Kenwoot, not Kenwood. Crazy stuff. This was a big and busy mall too, so it looks like they do little to enforce trademarks

Maybe they could have called it iPos then.....

janstett
Jan 21, 2006, 02:12 PM

Same reason cars from any communist country (Lada, Volga, etc) look like crap. It wasn't designed out of a passion, it was designed to make money, and it was designed by engineers following a spec, not someone creative with a vision.

A Volga is technically a functioning car, it has doors, wheels, an engine, and seats. Vhat do you vant, is functioning car. In Khazakstan, car like this sells millions.

Then apply a similar corrolary to the big CE companies like Sony, who just don't get it. Much like their automotive countrymates, while well designed and built, their products are either (a) bizarrely styled, (b) incredibly blandly styled, or (c) a ripoff of European designs.

puckhead193
Jan 21, 2006, 02:15 PM
people need to stop trying.... or just copy the whole dam thing already.... :rolleyes: