PDA

View Full Version : Program that allows you to record any sound from computer?

jayeskreezy
Jan 21, 2006, 01:34 PM
Basically there are some songs I have that I want to put on a cd, but they aren't in mp3 format. They are some songs from a soundclick page so I can listen to the song in full, but I want to put them on a cd. Does anybody have an idea of how I would do this? Thanks!

zimv20
Jan 21, 2006, 02:08 PM
import them into itunes, make a playlist, then burn the CD.

jayeskreezy
Jan 21, 2006, 02:19 PM
I cant import them into itunes because it's not a file to download. It's basically a sound file that I listened to on the internet and I want to continuously listen to and be able to record it to something. Kinda like if you were listening to a radio station and you had a blank cassette and you could push record whenever a song came on that you wanted to record.

Mr. Anderson
Jan 21, 2006, 02:21 PM
WireTap Pro (http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wiretap/) is a very cool little app

Good luck,

D

Militar
Jan 21, 2006, 02:21 PM
Audio Hijack (http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/)

zimv20
Jan 21, 2006, 02:25 PM
It's basically a sound file that I listened to on the internet and I want to continuously listen to and be able to record it to something.
ah, sorry, i misunderstood. i see you've got two viable suggestions now.

jayeskreezy
Jan 22, 2006, 07:58 AM
audio hijack is free, but how in the world do you use it? I dont like wiretap because it puts someone talking in the background of my stuff i record unless I buy it...is there any way around this?

leftbanke7
Mar 5, 2006, 01:07 PM
audio hijack is free, but how in the world do you use it? I dont like wiretap because it puts someone talking in the background of my stuff i record unless I buy it...is there any way around this?

I have honestly never noticed this at all with my free version. Is your computer possessed by chance?

e-clipse
Mar 5, 2006, 01:59 PM
Download Audacity...its free as well. I has an option pre-selected "what you hear". Leave it as that. Hit the record button. Then push play on the soundclick track. When finished, hit stop on Audacity, and your done. Don't forget to save your wave file before exiting Audacity.

beatsme
Mar 5, 2006, 08:20 PM
I have honestly never noticed this at all with my free version. Is your computer possessed by chance?

is that a photo of the 60's group "the Left Banque" I see?

dsharits
Mar 5, 2006, 11:01 PM
Download Audacity...its free as well. I has an option pre-selected "what you hear". Leave it as that. Hit the record button. Then push play on the soundclick track. When finished, hit stop on Audacity, and your done. Don't forget to save your wave file before exiting Audacity.
Here's another vote for Audacity...outstanding program. :cool:

sprstu
Mar 20, 2006, 08:16 PM
will audacity allow me to record streamed audio like wiretap?

e-clipse
Mar 20, 2006, 08:41 PM
Anything you can hear through year speakers, you can record with Audacity.
When you install Audacity, it has record " what you hear" pre-selected. All you have to do is hit record on Audacity. If you can get the stream to play without lag, then you should have no problem ,except for the quality playback of the stream, itself.

thingsillnever
Jan 14, 2010, 04:32 PM
Anything you can hear through year speakers, you can record with Audacity.
When you install Audacity, it has record " what you hear" pre-selected. All you have to do is hit record on Audacity. If you can get the stream to play without lag, then you should have no problem ,except for the quality playback of the stream, itself.

how do you get the "what you hear" option?