Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhyIs TJ SoCool

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Hello,

I have a mac, an iPhone, and an iPad.

I have no issues syncing my iPhone. Music I buy on my computer's iTunes is visible when I log into my iPhone's iTunes and go to the Purchased section's "Not on This iPhone." Likewise, Apps I download on my phone appear in my computer's iTunes after I sync.

None of this, however, is true with my iPad. If I go into my iPad's iTunes, and go to the Purchased section, it looks like i have never purchased a song on my computer's iTunes. Please note that I have no problem transferring actual song files to my iPad if the song already existed on my computer (and purchased through my computer's iTunes).

Moreover, when I have my iPad plugged into my computer, and I'm in my computer's iTunes looking at what Apps I have on my iPad, I ONLY see the apps i downloaded on my computer. For example, I downloaded Final Fantasy Dimensions on my iPad, but If i click into my iPad on my computer's iTunes, and then click on the Apps tab, and then scroll down through all the Apps, Final Fantasy Dimensions doesn't show up anywhere. The only place i see it is on the small, thumbnail-like, graphical depiction of my iPad's Home Screens.

This may also go without saying, but I also don't see any of the Apps purchased/downloaded on my iPad when I look at my computer's iTunes' Apps Section.

I only have 1 iTunes account.

Is anybody able to help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.