Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mork

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Now that I've found the excellent often-recommended iOS tutorial on iTunes U, I'm thinking ahead to how I would share my apps.

The way I would share apps would be to let a select set of my customers "download and use" them. I would probably never "sell" an app. Additionally, I would never want an app to be visible publicly.

From what I currently know about the App Store model, I'm not sure I could do this. I understand (possibly incorrectly) you can create an internal company-wide intranet type of thing for apps ($400/yr?) and the traditional $99/year developer subscription.

Could I share my apps as I want to as described above with just certain people (not company employees, etc.)?

If so, how much per year would this cost?

Thanks very much,

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom

Mork

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Appreciate your reply.

I'm not sure why I need Apple in my knickers at all to just use my own apps on my own device or to friends or whatever (oops, forgot.... $$$$) . This closed model has kept me from doing much with iOS.

I clearly seem to be the exception, however.

Although I'm an avid Apple Mac person, the Andriod model (open, Java, ....) seems like a much better fit for what I want to do. Or, if I could find a cross-platform (non iOS, non-Apple restrictive) model that would be even better.

Thanks again,

-m

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.