Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angel76ph

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Hi there.

I'm planning on getting an iPad Air for my wife for creating documents and uploading photos to her Facebook.

I'm looking for a good bluetooth keyboard that is backlit, long battery life, has all ports & cutouts and has good well-placed (not tight) buttons.

Any suggestions please?

AlphaHel1X

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2014
Heard great things about the zagg keyboard.

Dad uses a basic non-backlit from anker. He loves it and it's very cheap

I have the bt keyboard from Lenovo, mainly because it's the exact same keyboard that my w530 has

angel76ph

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Heard also great reviews for those Zagg ones. But it looks like it has cutouts/ports open for the speakers underneath.

How about Belkin? Anker any good?

What models shall i look out for?

AlphaHel1X

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2014
Dad has the non backlit keyboard from anker. Loves it, and has 4000+ positive reviews on amazon

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I really liked the Zaggkeys cover which has the backlit keys but I had problems with double keystrokes. I typed, slower, faster, more carefully and still had the issue. I ended up returning it. I really liked most things about that keyboard but ended up liking the Logitech even better - much easier to just remove the iPad for pick up and go.

I totally suggest having your wife bring her new iPad to a store like Best Buy and actually pair up and try out the keyboards. I didn't do that the first time and regretted the purchase of the Zaggkeys cover due to the double keystroke issues. I would have seen this problem right at the store, if I had tried it out right then and there.

Lot's of folks love the Zaggkeys products but I've also read multiple forums suggesting the double keystroke issues - so it's not just a solitary issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.