Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
I have been trying to set up a little website for me and the wife to share with our families, but keep running into one issue. I create a podcast in GB and export it to iWeb. From there, I try to upload my site to Comcast, but constantly get an error telling me that the podcast file cannot be uploaded. The more Unix-smart wife says that the comma in the file name is the problem.

Is there a way to fix/work around this? One idea would be to get another host, but with the 175MB that we get for free, I though maybe it would be good for testing the waters to see how often we use/update it. So far, I haven't touched it since the first day when I threw up whatever I could finish in 5 min.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
kingjr3 said:
ummm, did you try taking the comma out of the file name?
Yeah, but then the page just gets funky. I assume there is something else I need to change, but I don't know what or how. There are three files that would pose problems (comcast just doesn't get to the other two after finding the first error). One is the audio, one is a javascript, and the other I don't know.

nels0360

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2004
Colorado
I composed a site and uploaded to comcast as well. I found out that a spaces cannot be used in any of the page names in iWeb or it will not upload a comcast server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.