Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macs4u

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Hi,

I have a Mac Mini , latest base spec. I have bought some monitor speakers for music production. I plug the speakers into the headphone socket on the mini and it works fine. Only problem is , what if i want to listen to the music on headphones. The speakers don't have a headphone socket and its a pain to keep plugging and unplugging/swapping wires.

Any idea on how to do this?

Basically i want the speakers to be connected all the time but have a headphone socket at reach in front of me

Matt

Last edited:

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi,

I have a Mac Mini , latest base spec. I have bought some monitor speakers for music production.....

Music Production? Seems like you might also want a place to plug in a microphone or guitar or whatever as well as headphones.

Also I think you will find you need separate volume controls for the speakers and headphones

This will let you connect a few different audio devices.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlett2i2/

There are others like this by companies like Presonus and Lexington. Check out the above web site.

rctlr

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2012
You could always plug your headphones in via a usb adapter, and switch the output via the mac (Alt and click the speaker icon in menubar)
I have a Griffin imic
fiVz3Sw.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.