PDA

View Full Version : No Go =

wayne091189
Jan 14, 2003, 07:27 AM
Hi

Well something odd is going on with my G4. I cannot seem to install OS 9.2.2 any more. What I mean is the computer will not Bootup with the installer disk. or the Restore Disk.

I have now managed to install OS X 10.2.3 and checked to see if my OS 9.2.2 CD rom was damage some how but it mounts on the desktop ok.

Could anyone help with what might be cursing the mac not too boot into OS 9.2.2

The reason I ask is that I still have to use some app in OS 9 and need this to be my main OS for now.

Mal
Jan 14, 2003, 07:51 AM
On some of the newer G4's, the Restore disks are not bootable. Try using the install or restore disk from within OS X. Strange idea, but it works.

JW

iJon
Jan 14, 2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by wayne091189
Hi

Well something odd is going on with my G4. I cannot seem to install OS 9.2.2 any more. What I mean is the computer will not Bootup with the installer disk. or the Restore Disk.

I have now managed to install OS X 10.2.3 and checked to see if my OS 9.2.2 CD rom was damage some how but it mounts on the desktop ok.

Could anyone help with what might be cursing the mac not too boot into OS 9.2.2

The reason I ask is that I still have to use some app in OS 9 and need this to be my main OS for now.
If i remember right, you cant install os 9 when you have already installed os x. I know that doest solve your problem, i am just saying your probably gonna have to format and start again. Boot off your os x cd and go to disk utility. reformat the drive with os 9 drivers included. then see if your cd will boot.

iJon