Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has launched a new television ad for the MacBook Air, "Stickers," showing off an array of customizable decals placed over the Apple symbol on the back of the notebook.

Decals shown include various sunglasses, hats, and headphones, along with nods to Breaking Bad, Peanuts, Ice Age, Snow White, Pac Man, Chi the Cat, The Simpsons, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Tasmanian Devil, Hello Kitty, Catwoman, and Mickey Mouse.

There are also cameras, record players, trees, faces, cityscapes, planets, scuba divers, 8-bit games, a variety of abstract designs and patterns, and more, plus a Beats logo. The new spot ends with a side view of the MacBook Air and the tagline "The notebook people love." Apple has also posted a "Stickers" page on its website detailing some of the decals in the video.

A celebration of all the many ways people love the MacBook Air, featuring music from artist/producer, Hudson Mohawke.
Apple's MacBook Air, last refreshed in April of 2014, is known for its portability and ultrathin size, weighing in at 2.38 pounds for the 11-inch model and 2.96 pounds for the 13-inch model. The MacBook Air is also Apple's most affordable notebook, with prices beginning at $899.

Article Link: Apple Launches New 'The Notebook People Love' MacBook Air Ad

Dilster3k

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
The notebook line surely hasn't gotten the love it deserves, great to see this as they're usually overshadowed by the iPhone. But the flashing Apple logo at the end does seem suspicious and un-Apple'y. Are you sure it's not an ad from the makers of those MacBook stickers?

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Now that I've switched to a PC for my gaming needs, I don't think I would mind trading my Mac mini for a MacBook Air, once Broadwell models are available of course.

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
this is beautiful. i want to put a sicker of an aborted fetus on my macbook lid. that should get a lot of looks

Last edited:

iCloud1254

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2014
Apple is becoming so different… and I like it. But I can't help feeling guilty because that's not what Steve wanted Apple to be :apple:

DJJAZZYJET

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
I love mine, but the screen and 4gb of Ram standard are the biggest down points. The screen has loads of 'pixel walk'/ghosting/flickering when scrolling, and for me 4gb of RAM sometimes give me noticeable slowdown.

Will be upgrading to a retina macbook pro when the new broad well models come out.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Glad to see Apple is bringing back the 6-color traditional logo. FINALLY! What I have been waiting for!!! The return of the colored Apple!!!

second-apple-logo.jpg

The colors give it life! Make all products sparkle! Look at a pre-1999 Mac. The color logo makes the Macintosh look AWESOME!

024_pb_5300_IMG_6425.jpg

Last edited:

timshundo

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Something about this ad reminds me of late 90's, early 2000s, pre-iPhone Apple. It's nice. Surprising because they're always so anti-customization.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.