PDA

View Full Version : Stop the press! Microsoft Design tools

radiantm3
Jan 24, 2006, 04:01 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/default.mspx

Do you think they are trying to be a major player in the professional industry? It seems like a huge joke to me.

Blue Velvet
Jan 24, 2006, 04:09 PM
I think they've been out for a while. I've never heard of, let alone met, anyone that uses them.

Not entirely sure who they're aimed at. Maybe they'll be more heavily promoted with Vista it's all a bit mysterious, really.

XNine
Jan 24, 2006, 04:36 PM
Considering they won't hold a candle to Adobe's support from 3rd party developers, if this is aimed at pros, it will go nowhere and fast. Hasn't nayone learned that the only thing MS has ever done right are their consoles?

radiantm3
Jan 24, 2006, 04:55 PM
Considering they won't hold a candle to Adobe's support from 3rd party developers, if this is aimed at pros, it will go nowhere and fast. Hasn't nayone learned that the only thing MS has ever done right are their consoles?

And even those are buggy. :P I really like the xbox360, but I crashed my brother's system a few days ago by moving the analog stick around in circles a bunch of times.

ATD
Jan 24, 2006, 06:28 PM
LOL, they own the market with a 2nd rate OS, what makes them think they can capture a market they know nothing about from a 1st rate company like Adobe. It's seems they should spend the time to get the products they have to work instead.

geese
Jan 24, 2006, 07:00 PM
"stop the press! Microsoft design tools"

Yes, it probably would cause the printers to jam-up if your print house was all by MS.:D

ChicoWeb
Jan 24, 2006, 09:41 PM
What about front page? </joke>