PDA

View Full Version : problems intalling unreal tournament 2004.....help

Joeytpg
Jan 24, 2006, 06:06 PM
guys, i have this problem with my UT game.....i used to be able to play it without any problems in my powerbook g4 1.33 (Running panther) but it got stolen (the laptop) so i bought an iMac iSight....... and now i'm trying to install the game in this computer but i can't....everything's fine up to the moment when i have to enter the code. When i type the code and press Continue, i get an error, saying something like "the Unreal Tournament installation had to be closed blah blah"

i installed Call of duty, and Doom III and they're working just fine...... do you think the problem might be incompatibility with tiger of something?...should i download a special driver?

thanks for the help.

-JT-

Soulstorm
Jan 24, 2006, 06:25 PM
guys, i have this problem with my UT game.....i used to be able to play it without any problems in my powerbook g4 1.33 (Running panther) but it got stolen (the laptop) so i bought an iMac iSight....... and now i'm trying to install the game in this computer but i can't....everything's fine up to the moment when i have to enter the code. When i type the code and press Continue, i get an error, saying something like "the Unreal Tournament installation had to be closed blah blah"

i installed Call of duty, and Doom III and they're working just fine...... do you think the problem might be incompatibility with tiger of something?...should i download a special driver?

thanks for the help.

-JT-
I think the protocol in which UT2004 installer is built does not work properly with tiger... Although I had reinstalled it with no problems at all. go to http://icculus.org/ and search for updates.

robo74
Jan 27, 2006, 09:11 AM
You need the updated installer, free download at the UT2004 website.

Rob