Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
This is more of a FYI than anything.

MacConnection has the Powerbook 15" 1.67Ghz/80GB/512MB/128MB 9700/Superdrive for $1549.00. Just got mine in the post today, and I can't believe what I've been missing out on with my 12" Powerbook.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved that Powerbook since I bought it, but the sheer amount of screen real estate ( I swear I thought they made a mistake and shipped me the 17" one), and the brightness of the screen are breathtaking. The extra speed, Superdrive, backlit keyboard (VERY cool) and larger, faster hard drive are quite a nice bonus as well. ;)

Just thought I'd let everyone know about the deal. It's a pretty nice deal if you're looking for the best PowerPC notebook.

Regards,
Gus

TheZeppo

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2004
Congrats on your new Mac!

...but it doesn't make me feel better about ordering the 12" Powerbook, oh shiz.

Gus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Oh no, don't get me wrong, that little Powerbook was the best Apple machine I had owned until the new one arrived today (and I've had quite a few of them). You're going to love your machine, money back guarantee. :)

Regards,
Gus

P.S. I just notcied that I forgot to add that the deal is for a reconditioned Powerbook.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
That's a very good price. Apple is selling a similar refurb for $1699

EDIT........

Just noticed they only give you a 90 day warranty. That sucks. Doubt it's refurbed by Apple.

EHUnlucky7x9@ao

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2006
New Jersey
Awesome man! I want an Alum to play with!! I have a Ti Mercury version and it does what I need for on the road stuff...I want those newer PB's...but I'm saving up to purchase a MacBook Pro when the 2nd revisions of them come out! Hopefully late summer/fall 06' (from what other members have said).

dr427

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2005
Oklahoma City
I'm confused by their ad.

EXCLUSIVE SALE! SAVE $100 after MacConnection mail-in rebate. Must be purchased at advertised price to qualify for rebate. See rebate coupon for full details. Expires 1/31/06.

Advertised price shows $1549 even after you add it to your cart. Do you get an additional $100 off??? :eek:

And are they Apple Refubished?

Gus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
The price is $1549 without any rebate or such.

I had the 12" Powerbook 1Ghz. It was a very fast machine and I loved it.

As far as the "lines" problem with the Powerbook: So far I haven't seen the problem come up, and so far it's horizontal-line free, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. ;)

Regards,
Gus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.