Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
I am trying to build a new web page that will host old Apple keynotes so that everyone can view these historic presentations. The idea I have right now is to only host one at a time due to how large these files are and the fact that I dont want to kill my bandwidth usage and have my site shut down for a month. So first of all, I'd like some thoughts/ideas on what you guys think. Second, if any of you have old keynotes and would like to donate, please let me know by responding here, emailing me, or sending me a message over AIM. My name is in my profile. Thank you to anyone who can help.

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
Alright, a few things:

A. This is illegal. At the beginning of each keynote, there's some copyright text that, for all intents and purposes, prevents the keynotes from being distributed by anyone other than Apple. You could try and write Apple for permission, but good luck with that.

B. You might want to just host torrent files and allow your users to torrent the files. This would be a lot less costlier and easier on you.

C. With that in mind, it isn't so hard to get a hold of a keynote torrent on some of the larger trackers. If you go ahead and do this, that might be the best way to get the files. Then again, you might want to skip the whole process and just become active in that community. It's all up to you!
-Chasen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.