Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Work has begun on Apple's second retail location in Turkey, reports Turkish website ElmaDergisi (Google Translate, via ifoAppleStore).

second_turkey_apple_retail_store-800x532.jpg
According to the report, the store will open in Istanbul's Akasya Shopping Center and may coincide with the launch of the iPhone 6 this fall. Photos of the store's construction show workers laying out flooring and wooden tables, as the store's front glass exterior and trademark logo already appear to be put up.

Apple's first location in Turkey opened this past April at Istanbul's Zorlu Center, and features a unique cubic design with glass sides and a glass ceiling. Apple's manager of retail stores Steve Cano also led a press tour of the store before its opening.

Article Link: Apple Constructing Second Retail Store in Turkey, May Open This Fall

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
I love the Mac news part of this site - Beats commercials, store robberies and new Apple stores.

We really need that new Yosemite beta tomorrow.

cicton

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2014
Canada
Shouldn't be too hard for apple to find out who's leaking photos. I've opened a few stores and we had to leave our iPhones in locked room to ensure confidentiality.

japasneezemonk

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2005
Nomad
They need to open more stores here in the states first. I have to drive 400 miles to the nearest store ftl

I think they open stores based on population, etc... If you live in a smaller city chances are low that Apple is considering opening a store anytime soon.

bohemaxxtum

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2014
I think they open stores based on population, etc... If you live in a smaller city chances are low that Apple is considering opening a store anytime soon.
and also i think apple has seen the potential of turkey's growing economy,young population and their growing interest on apple products.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
If I lived in Turkey, I would be happy

Remember, "wherever you go, there you are..." ;) Nothin' wrong with Turkey but it's definitely possible to be happy in Buffalo!

Someone else posted about living 400 miles from an Apple Store. That sure made me decide to quit whining about my 90-mile drive. :eek:

CrazyForApple

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Remember, "wherever you go, there you are..." ;) Nothin' wrong with Turkey but it's definitely possible to be happy in Buffalo!

Someone else posted about living 400 miles from an Apple Store. That sure made me decide to quit whining about my 90-mile drive. :eek:
I have an Apple store a few miles from my home so I'm really happy.

sharky25ant

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2013
it takes me 10 min to go to the european side Apple Store in Istanbul:) but i bought my 16 GB RAM configured rMBP from online store.
I have to point that the newest store will be located on asian side.

mafaky

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
it takes me 10 min to go to the european side Apple Store in Istanbul:) but i bought my 16 GB RAM configured rMBP from online store.
I have to point that the newest store will be located on asian side.

Considering that Turkey has a population of 74m+, and Istanbul (the biggest town in the country, but based on Europe & Asia, accommodates around 14m (inc. the suburds), plus the very congested traffic coupled with still rather poor (inadequate) infrastructure of public transport, Istanbul by itself needs not less than even 4 AppleStores. Further AppleStores are also needed in the Capital City (Ankara) and the third most populated Aegean port town Izmir. Apple did a right choice for selecting Istanbul as the first place to start opening its AppleStores, as Istanbul is also the "economy and finance capital" of the country. Several years ago, those clever jerks named Best Buy entered our market after a "market survey period" not less than 3-4 years. They said they came to Turkey market for the next 1000 (yeeep, "one thousand"!!!) years. They managed to open the first store in Izmir town (ironically their main competitor German Media Markt launched their Izmir store right next to them, a month before they could open...), and a second in Ankara some 8 months later. In the meanwhile they were still looking out for store locations in Istanbul. They decided to pull out of Turkey market after less than 2 years' operation!!!:eek: Glad that Apple didn't fall in this kind of trap!... (BTW: The first and presently only operational AppleStore in Istanbul is just 10 min. drive from my home!...:D)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.