PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Choice Quizzes

daman1212
Jan 26, 2006, 06:35 PM
Im trying to do a ten question quiz with four multiple answers for each question, your score final tallied up at the end. How would I do this, and is there an online template i can edit and use?? I have very basic html knowledge so much help would be appreciated

Doctor Q
Jan 26, 2006, 07:57 PM
If each question has four choices but only one correct answer, then radio buttons in a form are the simplest HTML representation.

The more important question is where the logic to check the answers and sum the score will be. For example, do you want to use Javascript embedded in the web pages, or will the logic be handled by scripts or a program on the web server?

Are you planning to do this yourself or are you looking for ready-made quiz-making programs or ready-made quiz-scoring scripts?

daman1212
Jan 26, 2006, 08:56 PM
the programs would be real nice but i could do html with all the questions on one page, and the results page after

Doctor Q
Jan 26, 2006, 09:40 PM
More questions.

1. Is this just for fun or self-learning, or is it something where you really want to prevent cheating?

Why I'm asking: A simple model would be to have two pages, one (using Javascript) where you pick answers and then click something at the bottom to reveal your score, and a second (unchanging) page that explains each answer. This could also be combined into a single page where you see the explanations once you click.

However, unless you do extra work to disguise what you are doing, it would be easy for them to figure out the answers by looking at the source code of the page.

If it's just for fun, that's not an issue.

2. Do you want to learn how to create a page like this, or are you just after the finished result and hope somebody will build it for you?