Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martin29

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
Quimper, France
I am looking to get a new desk lamp for my home office. Can't make up my mind whether to go for a modern look to go with my iMac and Macbook Air setup.. Or something more traditional.

What have you folks gone for? Post your pics here and help me decide ;)

Reactions: juvenileguy

BlakeBrattina

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2011
Bay City, MI
I'm too lazy to take a photo of my setup at the moment but I have the Koncept Z-Bar, and really enjoy it. You will see it in a few setups around here as well, particularly the "Post your Mac setup" first photo on page 76.

Good luck!

Seniordan

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2013
Canada

Attachments

• IMG_2661.jpg
    IMG_2661.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,384

Martin29

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
Quimper, France
I love all these lamps, both modern and classic. I also like a standard table lamp for my desk.. I just can't decide the route to go. My home office is an old 18th century beamed ceiling room and I'm about to redecorate, While doing so I'm thinking a traditional captains chair, possibly change my desk for something period, but big enough that I can write, read and use my iMac & Air at the same time (with room for the famous lamp of course)

There are some gorgeous angle lamps in brushed aluminium which would work well with the iMac, but then so would something like a traditional table lamp..

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I am looking to get a new desk lamp for my home office. Can't make up my mind whether to go for a modern look to go with my iMac and Macbook Air setup.. Or something more traditional.

What have you folks gone for? Post your pics here and help me decide ;)

Take a look at the site 'ylighting'; some of the desk lamps that they have are stunning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.