Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Redbeard25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
So I have had a Mac Plus collecting dust for many moons - no keyboard or mouse that I can find - and I find out today, I can throw a MacOS emulator on a Raspberry Pi.

Does anyone know what the physical dimensions of the bezel are for the Mac Plus, and/or an HDMI screen that would fit inside it's 9-inch diagonal? Tricks: I know it must be 4:3 and flat in front so it can sit flush inside the case.

I have literally spent about five minutes considering this, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum or if the question's already been answered.

Thanks!

bigeasy_uk

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2005
Leamington Spa, England
I had the same problem finding a screen, I went for an 8" tft panel 1024x768. It has HDMI and VGA inputs.

A 10" panel will be just too big and you can't get 9" ones. I used the original glass front of the screen and cut the rest of the CRT away.

I'm trying to find the details for you but I bought it on ebay and it doesn't save details of things older than 60 days.

Here's the mod that I did, but I used a core2quad instead, the Pi will fit in much easier! https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1723258/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.