Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
I signed up for the SETI WOW event and all things started well. Over night I processed some 20 WU, some already validated, some still pending validation.

Now since morning I don't get any new tasks assigned. To cross check I also signed up for GPUgrid which gives me work.

So what could be a reason that SETI don't give me work ?

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
I stopped my FAH-CPU slot and allowed BONC to use that. Immediate 100 WU assigned.
Steep learning curve seems to be. Still nothing for my GPU.

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
I signed up for the SETI WOW event and all things started well. Over night I processed some 20 WU, some already validated, some still pending validation.

Now since morning I don't get any new tasks assigned. To cross check I also signed up for GPUgrid which gives me work.

So what could be a reason that SETI don't give me work ?

Question is, are there any GPU-related WUs readily available for download from their servers...?

Do remember GPUs process WUs much faster than CPUs - many folds... So it's not unusual for those WUs to be exhausted from their WU cache...

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
Question is, are there any GPU-related WUs readily available for download from their servers...?

Do remember GPUs process WUs much faster than CPUs - many folds... So it's not unusual for those WUs to be exhausted from their WU cache...

just tonight I got some assigned (OpenCL_nvidia_100, ap*). Of course in the middle of from F@H WU to be finished first. But at least they coming in.

If the demand is higher for GPU I would hope the project manager can adjust the settings in their backend and react flexible on CPU / GPU setup of donors.

Is there a way to see how many WU of what type are in a queue ?

(did some GPUgrid in-between). But to be honest: I like F@H a bit more. There are two thinks which I right now either not understand or just not like: the WU supply and the fact that my finished WU need to wait until some peer finish the parallel assignment of the same WU. This makes quite a big gap between me finishing and seeing the points in the stats.

Specially in a challenge/Event situation this is disturbing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.