Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zephviolent2003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
can everyonewho uses Logicexpress or pro, with a powermac g5s dual cores, or dual duals, tell me
1. How many simultaneous tracks where recorded at once
2. What were the highest sample rates used.
3. How many plugins used at once
4. How much cpu usage on Logic...
5. ram used
6. and if all dual cores are being utilized..
7.what were the most tracks used and edited without the cpu crashing
i know there logic specs out there but i want to hear from real users what are the experiences they have had...

I need a new computer with more power running logic and i need to start recording track now, so im looking into a PPC 2..0,2.3,2.7 or quad to buy, i cant wait for the intel stuff although i know the power will be overwelming, but i cant wait for logic to go universal for a month,so im looking for feedback on power and crashes and cpu usage to validate my next purchase,i have a powerbook,1.25 but gets way to hot and ultimately logic crashes on me if im recording multiple tracks , so i need something more powerfull. Im looking at recording live drums with my presonus firepod so i will record 10 tracks at once for drums, and looking to see in PPC whats the highest sample rate to use without killing all the processing, so if anyone is using 24bit 48 or higher with no problem and recording 10 tracks at once, and looking at about 24 to 30 editing tracks with 10 to higher plugins please give me some feedback to make a decision on ram and processing to validate spending 2400 on a ppc now when theyll probably be out with the new powermac this year but oh well,and if the dual core/quad processors arent being utilized for Logic then its a waste of money for me to purchase, ill just have to go pro tools hd..thanks...

howesey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2005
192kHz, 24bit. We did a test between a Pentium 4 3GHz Extreme, and a dual 2.0GHz G5.

Results: Windows machine would not cope with more than 30 channels recording, however the Apple coped with 96 channels recording at once. This was done in Cubase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.