PDA

View Full Version : Aperture2iLife 1.0 Use Aperture Images in iLife 06 & iWork

MacBytes
Jan 28, 2006, 07:07 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: 3rd Party Software
Link: Aperture2iLife 1.0 Use Aperture Images in iLife 06 & iWork (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20060128200730)
Description:: Aperture2iLife lets you take an Aperture project and use it, instead of iPhoto, in your iLife 06 and iWork apps. In addition to providing access to your RAW files, you can ask it to create reasonably-sized jpegs, that all iLife apps can read, with the changes you made in Aperture automatically applied.

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

TheMasin9
Jan 28, 2006, 08:09 PM
i think apple should boot out iphoto and add all its features to aperture and make aperture the new iphoto part of the ilife suite.

ITASOR
Jan 28, 2006, 09:24 PM
i think apple should boot out iphoto and add all its features to aperture and make aperture the new iphoto part of the ilife suite.

That wouldn't be a good way for them to make money. :rolleyes:

emutree
Jan 28, 2006, 09:33 PM
Umm... right. Except for the fact that Aperture's like what: $400? It's a very expensive app to develop - they can't throw it away for a fraction of $70. Plus despite how easy the interface appears to be, it's still not easy enough for 80% of consumers to figure out. Oh, and of course there's the fact that it's very picky about the speed and graphics card of the Mac it'll run on. Other than that, I think it's a greeeat idea to replace iPhoto with Aperture. And why not just go get rid of iMovie and put Final Cut there.
Excuse the sarcasm. I have my beefs against iPhoto too (although 6 is a great improvement since it's finally up to speed) but Aperture is for a whole different market, but this seems like a cool idea for those that use it and iWork together (although it would be nice if Apple could just build this in and keep in mind pro app users and consumer apps still mix - I'd love an iPhoto browser in Final Cut Express, and this presents the same sort of issue).
Oh yeah, and obviously Aperture Express would rock. Can you get on that Apple?

Analog Kid
Jan 29, 2006, 03:16 AM
Putting Aperture in iLife won't happen, but it would be nice to be able to interact with the Aperture library a little more easily. It would be nice if the Screensaver modules could see it, for example, and the iSuites. Ideally, I'd like to access the Aperture library from iPhoto as well-- probably not edit the images that way, but have access to them for the iPhoto kindsa stuff (iPhoto books, calendars, cards, and slideshows...).

It is a little bit awkward to segregate the pro-app library from the fun stuff.

That said, this application doesn't look like the way to handle it. Too finicky and too narrow to justify $20.

ipacmm
Jan 29, 2006, 09:22 AM
Umm... right. Except for the fact that Aperture's like what: $400? It's a very expensive app to develop - they can't throw it away for a fraction of $70. Plus despite how easy the interface appears to be, it's still not easy enough for 80% of consumers to figure out. Oh, and of course there's the fact that it's very picky about the speed and graphics card of the Mac it'll run on.

I agree with you 100% most normal everyday users don't want to use something that is very complex and it will take away from the iLife name if the give something that people can't figure out. Also I really don't see Apple doing this because why should they give up $400 per-person if people are will to pay the price.

Platform
Jan 29, 2006, 09:50 AM
This is great...I have been looking for something like it :D

Too bad it is not free :mad:

bigandy
Jan 29, 2006, 02:52 PM
with the huge amount that does i'm not sure it's really worth $20.

$10 and i'd go for it, but $20 seems a little steep.

i'm going to carry on waiting until some iLife compatability emerges for Aperture, which i hoped would be the other week and iLife 06 but, oh well.