PDA

View Full Version : how does 12-inch ibook compare to 12-inch dell laptop?

ieani
Jan 28, 2006, 08:08 PM
First off have no worries Ive already ordered an Ibook refurb and its currently in Fed Ex limbo. But I am having doubts about the 14-inch screen. Everything I have read said the 14-inch was a waste. That it was bulky, clunky, nothing like the streamlined 12incher. But I went over a friends house to fix a printer driver issue with her dell 12incher(see below) and in just a half-hours time of work I became very appreciative of my 17inch LCD.

http://img.dell.com/images/global/products/inspn/700m_front_131x145_ss.jpg

Is the ibook screen really much different from the one is this Dell? Having not liked a 12 inch screen was the 14 inch the smart decision? For now it will be my primary computer(but ill have access to family winpc) until I get an Imac in late summer. I simply could not wait until april for the new ibook to start using a mac.

Also, does an ibook fit on an airplane tray?

AP_piano295
Jan 28, 2006, 08:23 PM
the ibooks better.
but seriously wait for the revision and buy one of those.

fits on an airplane tray very easily and you barely notice carrying it around. A friend of mine was looking for a light computer (back issues) she was looking at dells and compaqs ext. I told her ibooks were really small and light she looked at those and grabed one. She said that it was lighter than most of the dells she looked at and a couple of hundred bucks cheaper. Plus and ibook actually has style.

BornAgainMac
Jan 28, 2006, 08:29 PM
14-inch iBook. I am confused. The subject says 12-inch ibook compared to a Dell 12-inch laptop. Anyways, I know what you mean about waiting. It is hard to wait when something is good enough out today. It is easier to wait when you already have a Mac.

The iBook (12') fits on a tray but if you get someone that likes to lean back, it makes it difficult to type and you have to move your iBook to the edge.

ieani
Jan 28, 2006, 09:52 PM
the ibooks better.
but seriously wait for the revision and buy one of those.

fits on an airplane tray very easily and you barely notice carrying it around. A friend of mine was looking for a light computer (back issues) she was looking at dells and compaqs ext. I told her ibooks were really small and light she looked at those and grabed one. She said that it was lighter than most of the dells she looked at and a couple of hundred bucks cheaper. Plus and ibook actually has style.

Well I have never used a 12-inch ibook nor seen one in person, only online. But I had used a 12-inch dell. I think the post makes sense, maybe a little bit misleading.

ieani
Jan 28, 2006, 10:21 PM
The iBook (12') fits on a tray but if you get someone that likes to lean back, it makes it difficult to type and you have to move your iBook to the edge.

So the 14 inch will probably be a little cramped?