PDA

View Full Version : If you could, which CEO would you choose to be?

MacBytes
Jan 30, 2006, 11:09 AM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Polls
Link: If you could, which CEO would you choose to be? (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20060130120920)
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

katie ta achoo
Jan 30, 2006, 11:11 AM
Heck yea.. you'd get to wear a bunch of cool tutlenecks, play with your RDF, and of course, SEE NEW APPLE PRODUCTS BEFORE THEY COME OUT!

Heck yea, I can see why 43% picked him. :)

nuckinfutz
Jan 30, 2006, 11:33 AM
I like Steve as Apple's CEO but I'd rather be executed than being him.

As a CEO Steve does an admirable job guiding the company. As a person he seems to have some character issues that would preclude me ever wanting to actually be him. I feel he's likely tormented in some areas.

shamino
Jan 30, 2006, 11:41 AM
The question isn't 100% clear.

Is it asking if you'd want to be Steve Jobs? Or if you'd want to be CEO of Apple?

I would not want the former. I might want the latter (but I'd need some business education before I'd be willing to accept any CEO job.)

DMann
Jan 30, 2006, 11:42 AM
I like Steve as Apple's CEO but I'd rather be executed than being him.

As a CEO Steve does an admirable job guiding the company. As a person he seems to have some character issues that would preclude me ever wanting to actually be him. I feel he's likely tormented in some areas.

Perhaps so, but he does indeed seem to have the ability to
change, modify, and adapt. Innovation is his greates asset;
one which seems to transcend his being.

WildCowboy
Jan 30, 2006, 12:00 PM
Why isn't Ken Lay of Enron on the list of choices? :D

~Shard~
Jan 30, 2006, 12:04 PM
The question isn't 100% clear.

Is it asking if you'd want to be Steve Jobs? Or if you'd want to be CEO of Apple?

I agree, this question isn't very clear - there is a difference between being Steve Jobs, the person, and being the CEO of Apple, a corporate position. So, is it which person would I want to be, in general. or which company would I like to be the CEO of? The answers would be very diffferent. ;) :cool:

Still though, interesting poll.

Play Ultimate
Jan 30, 2006, 12:46 PM
I doubt that any of us reading this actually have what it takes to be a CEO. The stress, competition, and hours are probably beyond most of our comprehension. Much like thinking about being President of the U.S.

24C
Jan 30, 2006, 12:49 PM
...snip...Still though, interesting poll.
Agreed, interesting choices, but very interesting result with Apple's CEO decimating the competition. Must be all those "macfans" or all that press hype skewing the results :D ;)

zelmo
Jan 30, 2006, 12:50 PM
I'd have to take Ballmer's job. I could work to sabotage MS from the inside [even though the other Steve does a fine job all by himself some days].:p

~Shard~
Jan 30, 2006, 01:47 PM
I doubt that any of us reading this actually have what it takes to be a CEO. The stress, competition, and hours are probably beyond most of our comprehension. Much like thinking about being President of the U.S.

Speak for yourself. Myself and my friend are thinking about starting our own business in the future, in which case I may very well be a CEO. :p There are other members here who run their own small business as well, so once again :p. Sure, they may not be multi-billion dollar organizations with thousands of employees, but many aspects of running a company are the same whether it's large or small. As for stress and long hours, many of us experience that in our jobs already - you don't have to be a CEO to know what that's like. I wouldn't jump to so many conclusions if I were you. :cool:

SiliconAddict
Jan 30, 2006, 02:04 PM
what? No Eric Schmidt of Google?

Macmadant
Jan 30, 2006, 02:22 PM
i'd like either phill schiller or jonathan iveto be the next CEO, but of course i wish steve could stay ceo forever :p

hyperpasta
Jan 30, 2006, 02:23 PM
No way! Steve Jobs has the formula for success down pat, and has set the bar super-high. Why replace him? If what I know about Apple product cycles is correct, Apple is now starting work on what we'll see at the end of this year. Think you could come up with iTunes 5/6, the iSight iMac, the Video iPod, and the iPod nano in February of last year? I wouldn't be able to!

I'd be Howard Stringer, since SONY doesn't have to innovate as much and I think it wouldn't be too hard to fix them up.

2nyRiggz
Jan 30, 2006, 02:31 PM
Showing by this pole a lot of people don't want to be a CEO....ya damn skippy! i'll take on Apple CEO any day.

Bless

shamino
Jan 30, 2006, 02:56 PM
I'd be Howard Stringer, since SONY doesn't have to innovate as much and I think it wouldn't be too hard to fix them up.
Naw. Yamaha's the company to run. Where else can you produce musical instruments, home theater gear and motorcycles at the same time?

cwtnospam
Jan 30, 2006, 03:32 PM
Think you could come up with iTunes 5/6, the iSight iMac, the Video iPod, and the iPod nano in February of last year?
You think Steve did? His job isn't to come up with any of those. His job is to recognize their potential when his design teams come up with the ideas, then bring them to market effectively. He does that very well.

ThePhoenix
Jan 30, 2006, 03:46 PM
Right now Jobs is making a killing obviously. Now if they want a real compeitition make it a 2 choice question. Which CEO would you rather be Steve Jobs or Hugh Hefner?

Now that would be an interesting choice given the perks at each position.

24C
Jan 30, 2006, 04:03 PM
Right now Jobs is making a killing obviously. Now if they want a real compeitition make it a 2 choice question. Which CEO would you rather be Steve Jobs or Hugh Hefner?

Now that would be an interesting choice given the perks at each position.And those are... they both get to mess with silicon? Pretty hard choice then :cool: