PDA

View Full Version : Question For iGary

Glenn Wolsey
Jan 31, 2006, 02:29 AM
Thing one is for you iGary.

How do you keep your digital images organized? Do you use software, or a folder setup? Screenshots would be awesome to show us what you do too.

Thanks.

Abstract
Jan 31, 2006, 02:39 AM
I think this would be a great opportunity for you to test and experiment with the "Personal Message (PM)" option that MacRumours provides it's members with. ;)

Glenn Wolsey
Jan 31, 2006, 02:47 AM
I thought it would be exciting too see how the "MacRumors Photo Professional" manages his images, and let others have an in-sight.

Abstract
Jan 31, 2006, 03:28 AM
There are other pros here, actually, but I do see your point.

iGary
Jan 31, 2006, 04:11 AM
The POS in my signature has two fatal HDD errors, so I will be installing a new HDD today, reformatting, and putting my digital life back together - so, soon!

Abstract
Jan 31, 2006, 05:23 AM
Um.....can I have your POS? :p So nice.

Two HD errors? The chances must be a jillion to 1.

redAPPLE
Jan 31, 2006, 05:35 AM
Um.....can I have your POS? :p So nice.

Two HD errors? The chances must be a jillion to 1.

unfortunately, he is THAT 1.

good luck iGary.

BakedBeans
Jan 31, 2006, 05:49 AM
Unlucky gary, I told you Mac was a crappy OS that wrecks HD's! I hope you had your stuff backed up on something other than DVD :)

For my images I have a decent file system - Thats all you need really, I then back-up all my important folders on an external.

Chip NoVaMac
Jan 31, 2006, 07:02 AM
The POS in my signature has two fatal HDD errors, so I will be installing a new HDD today, reformatting, and putting my digital life back together - so, soon!

Sorry to hear that Gary. Hope all will go well.

Glenn Wolsey
Jan 31, 2006, 11:48 AM
Thanks iGary, sorry about the hard-drives. That's really annoying, and unlucky...

whocares
Jan 31, 2006, 04:53 PM
unfortunately, he is THAT 1.

good luck iGary.

Well, let's look on the bright side: if iGary's the one, we're all safe. :cool:

Nothing personal. ;) :p :p

[Note to geeks:] I do realize we all still have that same chance in a gazillion :rolleyes: :p
[Note to iGary:] I feel you're pain. Sorry.

Glenn Wolsey
Feb 3, 2006, 07:08 PM
Still waiting Gary...Just joking, I saw your machine was playing up again, sorry about that. Take your time :)

EGT
Feb 3, 2006, 07:23 PM

Hang on. Do you have two current drives that died or has the computer had two drives that have failed?

What manufacturererer are the drives?

I suggest smashing failed drives with a hammer. Much anger can be released.