PDA

View Full Version : How Long Does Apple Take to Build a Mac?

macktheknife
Jan 30, 2002, 02:14 AM
Out of curiousity, does anyone know how long--on average--it takes for the Apple Store online to fulfill an order? I'm just wondering what the experience of Apple Store online shoppers has been. I had just placed an order for a 550/512/30 TiBook on Monday night. It is currently "being assembled." I am not impatient (I was fully aware of the potential 7 day wait time), but just curious what the experience of other shoppers have been. Thanks.

Beej
Jan 30, 2002, 02:19 AM
Usually 3 or 4 days.

OSeXy!
Jan 30, 2002, 10:43 AM
For me,

Longest wait: 5 days (G4 733)
Shortest wait: 2 days (Pismo)

astronun
Jan 30, 2002, 12:06 PM
It depends on how many people ordered the same configed Powerbook as you did. First come, first shipped

evanmarx
Jan 30, 2002, 12:16 PM
jesus ... i'm sitting here in switzerland .....

and i just ordered the dual Ghz 20 mins ago ... my apple reseller has already all nww powermacs on store ... that means i'll have them in 2 days ... and that only 4 days after their first presentation on the apple site ... man! that is unheard!!! imac2 still 3-4 weeks wait ...

i'm NOT fooling with your heads!

check yourselves ... btw they only deliver to switzerland ;-)
http://www.architronic.ch/macshop/index.html

littlejim
Jan 30, 2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by macktheknife
Out of curiousity, does anyone know how long--on average--it takes for the Apple Store online to fulfill an order? I'm just wondering what the experience of Apple Store online shoppers has been. I had just placed an order for a 550/512/30 TiBook on Monday night. It is currently "being assembled." I am not impatient (I was fully aware of the potential 7 day wait time), but just curious what the experience of other shoppers have been. Thanks.

Here in UK -

Placed order for Dual 1Ghz with AppleStore online on Monday PM.
They called me today (Wednesday) AM to confirm CC/Del details.
It's in the 'post' 6 hours later ....

For once I'm impressed - it took AppleStore FOUR WEEKS to ship my 10.1 update CD!!

LittleJim
----------

He's fallen in the water

evanmarx
Feb 1, 2002, 08:59 AM
this is like straight out of the Twilight Zone ...

1. Monday: Apple presents the new Powermacs

2. Tuesday: I see tha prices at my Apple Dealer

3. Wednesday:I switch from 933 to DualGhz (pure lust)
4. Wed evening: I order my machine
5. Wed night: I pay my machine by online banking

6. Thursday: Pure Agony ...

7. Friday morning 8.30 AM: BINGO!!! The Postman brings my DualGhz!!

This is record breaking by Apple ... never have gotten any Dell machine faster than that ...

liven2
Feb 1, 2002, 11:46 AM
I ordered my dual gig machine with airport card and 250zip drive, 17 inch LCD display, formac studio, sound sticks, and ipod on Weds morning.. I checked today and it is stillunder review.. UHHHGGG!! I canot take this I can hardly wait I am going nuts .. How long will i wait really.. HOw did youget yours soo fast.... :( I am bummed!!!!! HELP MEEEEEEEE .. stop the pain!!! :p

evanmarx
Feb 1, 2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by liven2
HOw did youget yours soo fast.... :( I am bummed!!!!! HELP MEEEEEEEE .. stop the pain!!! :p

i did not use the apple store, but an apple reseller ... so i could check if they had the machines on stock ... and they did ...so cash --> bing!

Falleron
Feb 2, 2002, 08:25 AM
I ordered my 1Ghz tower + apple declined the order!! Anyway, I fixed the problem, then re-ordered (on friday) and it still says under review! How long will this stay like this?