Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jruc4871

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Washington, DC
Hey folks,
Last night I burned an iMovie4 using iDVD4. The iMovie was created using mpeg-4 clips and .dv clips imported into iMovie from VHS via digicam.

Sound works fine for the entire project in preview. The QT reference movie that iDVD creates is also fine.

Here's the problem - after burning with iDVD, the resulting product has no audio - but ONLY for the former VHS clips. The mpeg-4 portions are fine.

Is it possible that iMovie4 would import a .dv clip using an audio bit-rate not supported by iDVD?

Should i just try burning again?

thanks,
J

Moog101

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2004
London, UK
I had a similar problem recently. All the movies I take with my digital camera, when I import them onto my Mac, play them in Quicktime they all have sound and work fine, but when I look at the properties of the file (using Quicktime), it says there is no audio track!! So when I try and burn or convert these using iMovie, the sound is removed from anything that it creates.

The only way I managed to resolve this was to get a program to split out the sound and the video into two seperate files, then splice them back together in iMovie and re save. A big hastle...

M

jruc4871

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Washington, DC
Lost audio after burning iMovie

Follow up:
In case anyone's interested, i burned again last night and the project is fine. Guess I just had a bad burn the first time around.

BTW, the rendering and burning time on a 2-hour iMovie project is between 4-5 hours. Good Days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.