Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lind0834

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
So about 6 months ago I had to reformat my crappy Wintel PC again, and I was out looking for a new desktop. I found this one cool site where one guy made a bunch of designs that all were similar.

I found my favorite and did the left-click set as desktop thingy... now that I want to find out where it first came from I'm totally lost.

My Cache is clear. My History is clear. I can't even get a bead on the original graphic since Windows converted it to a BMP first.

I attached a smaller preview.. If anybody can remember a graphic, I would expect a Mac Person.

Thanks

Attachments

• Internet+Explorer+Wallpaper.jpg
    Internet+Explorer+Wallpaper.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 292

lind0834

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
I refuse to give up on this one.. Somebody out there has seen this picture before. Who?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I'm guessing he wants to find more like this one (since the guy "made a bunch of designs that all were similar"), but can't remember where he got it.

It'll be tough to track down...unless the guy who made them frequents these forums.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
I dunno. I reckon you could paint similar yourself. It resembles the kind of work my 4-year old puts out :D

lind0834

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Indeed, it's not the usual clean and simple desktop that most Mac Users have, but just something about it really intrigued me. The thumbnail doesn't show it very well, but it's a bunch of multicolored "paint" splattered on top of a very detailed two tone ornate building.

I edited the original post's title to specify that I want to know what website these came from. Just to alleviate any confusion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.