Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myshoeshurt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Victoria, B.C.
Hey all,
I've been waiting to buy an iBook for quite some time, and today I was lucky enough to check out my local classified ads and find one for sale. It's a 14" G4, latest (and last) revision. The seller has only owned it for 5 months and only used it to play music in his condo (he bought it but wasn't ready to switch from PC to Mac, as his job requires him to use PC software). I went over to his place and checked it out and it truly is in immaculate condition. He has all original packaging, and the reciept. So I gave him a deposit and I'm paying the rest to him tomorrow when I pick it up!

Brand new in Canada, the 14" model costs $1649.00 CDN + tax. If I were to buy it brand new, it would have costed me about $1879.86. I got it for $1350.00 even! :D Plus he threw in a $60.00 iMic (which is awesome since I plan on doing home recording with it using GarageBand).

I can't wait to finally do the switch to Mac!

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Congratulations man! I hope it won't bother you too much when the redesigned Intel iBooks come out in a month, because you've got a great machine there for a great price. :)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
If you have any questions or problems at all, just post them here - there are many knowledgeable and friendly members of MacRumors who will be more than willing to assist you, myself included. :cool:

Glenn Wolsey

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
New Zealand
Great stuff, you will love the Mac! I'm also happy to help with any questions you have about the machine, the OS or the iBook in general, once again congrats on the purchase.

myshoeshurt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Victoria, B.C.
Great, thanks guys! I'm sure I'll have plenty of "n00b" questions for you within the coming weeks. I can't wait to put this glitchy, crashy PC in the corner and treat my new Mac like a baby :)

And as for the new Intel iBooks, I've contemplated waiting for them, but decided I simply don't need any more power than the G4 offers, and am somewhat wary of rev.A products... who knows though, the new iBook may very well be a rock-solid knockout when it hits the shelves.

Glenn Wolsey

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
New Zealand
myshoeshurt said:
Great, thanks guys! I'm sure I'll have plenty of "n00b" questions for you within the coming weeks. I can't wait to put this glitchy, crashy PC in the corner and treat my new Mac like a baby :)

And as for the new Intel iBooks, I've contemplated waiting for them, but decided I simply don't need any more power than the G4 offers, and am somewhat wary of rev.A products... who knows though, the new iBook may very well be a rock-solid knockout when it hits the shelves.

And there's always the option of eBaying your iBook and getting an Intel one if you really want one in the future, just enjoy this iBook! :D

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Congratulations! And welcome to the wonderful world of OS X! :D

That's a great deal on a great machine. I have a 12" iBook and it's such a workhorse, I absolutely love it. Unfortunately so does my wife, and she has now kidnapped it. ;) But it's okay because she told me I could get a new Mac Mini once Apple finally releases the Media Center Mini. *crosses fingers*

:D

jhuynh49

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2006
Houston, TX
I just purchased an iBook myself, and this is my first time experiencing Mac. I really like it so far, and I hope you enjoy yours too!

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Congratulations on the switch! You're going to love it!
Don't be shy to post any questions on here and we'll be happy to help!
(Just remember to do a search first in case your question has already been answered!)

MRoogle it!

::20ROGERSC::

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
20rogersc said:
MRoogle it!

::20ROGERSC::

wow. i've never been to mroogle before and it really freaked me out when it had my secret gmail address on the top. it took me a minute to realize that it was a google search on this site.

Congrats on your new iBook. you'll love it. Just remember, don't bend the charger back on yourself. My just broke last night and have 44 minutes left. Going down to SoHo to get a new one later. Enjoy your iBook.

in2themystik2

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
I just got an iBook in December and so far I love it. It's my first Mac, and my first lap top, and so far it's been a good experience! I too contemplated waiting for the intel switch, but for what I do, I'm not going to notice the extra speed, because this is already faster than what I've been used to! I am already infatuated with the iMac and think it would be a great complement to my iBook. It's so pretty, haha If only I weren't a college student with very little money, and no justfication for buying another new computer when I already have two! Haha, well, college will soon be over, perhaps then I can replace my desktop PC with another Mac! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.