PDA

View Full Version : My new 1ghz DP machine!!

Falleron
Jan 30, 2002, 11:25 AM
Hi there people! I ordered my new 1Ghz DP Today with the ati card!!! What do you guys think??

GigaWire
Jan 30, 2002, 11:47 AM
We think this belongs in general discussion

Falleron
Jan 30, 2002, 11:50 AM
Sorry, thought it was about hardware. But yeah, it would have been better suited in general discussion! Got a little excited about my new machine!!

arn
Jan 30, 2002, 12:06 PM
congrats!

What are you moving up from?

Dual 1Ghz should be sweet....

arn

OSUbuckeyefan
Jan 30, 2002, 12:32 PM
Cool! I think you made a good choice! Which display did you get to go with it?

Falleron
Jan 30, 2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by arn
congrats!

What are you moving up from?

Dual 1Ghz should be sweet....

arn

I am moving up from a powermac 8600/200!! It still works fine but cant run osx.

I am buying a Formac 17" Monitor because I cant afford the apple lcd's. Wish I could, but I am already way over my budget

OSeXy!
Jan 30, 2002, 01:47 PM
I might be wrong, but I suspect that new beast will probably be just a bit faster than your 8600. Careful on those curves! And enjoy our jealousy...

Falleron
Jan 30, 2002, 04:36 PM
For the last year or so I have been watching all the new machines thinking I really need one! Now I can get one, its everybody elses turn to think about my machine!! Just hope the G5 does not come out for a long time (for my sake anyway)!!

Six
Jan 30, 2002, 05:37 PM
im jealous!!!

Falleron
Jan 31, 2002, 06:57 AM
My order still says "being revieved". How long should it stay in this state?

loveshismac
Jan 31, 2002, 08:44 AM
I would have waited another 6 months to a year

faster bus speeds and DDR is what im waiting for, by then the 4 in G4 might be a 5
but then again with that attitude i might never have a GHz machine!
unless u count 2 800's
Congrats

Falleron
Jan 31, 2002, 09:55 AM
The circumstances I have meant that it was either buy a tower now or turn to the dark side. Therefore, the Dual 1GHz Powermac seemed a good choice (apart from the price).

Falleron
Jan 31, 2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Falleron

Does nobody know the answer to this question??

littlejim
Jan 31, 2002, 04:55 PM
I ordered dual 1Ghz from AppleStore online (UK) on Monday PM.
They called on Wednesday AM to confirm the order.
It was being assembled Wednesday PM and was shipped later that evening.

I've heard it'll take 3-4 days to reach me (London) from Cork.

Hope that's some use Falleron.

LittleJim
----------

Falleron
Jan 31, 2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by littlejim

I ordered dual 1Ghz from AppleStore online (UK) on Monday PM.
They called on Wednesday AM to confirm the order.
It was being assembled Wednesday PM and was shipped later that evening.

I've heard it'll take 3-4 days to reach me (London) from Cork.

Hope that's some use Falleron.

LittleJim
----------

Cheers LittleJim, I am in the UK so I would have though that they will call me very soon then!!

eyelikeart
Jan 31, 2002, 05:28 PM
u gotta post on here when u get it to let us know how fast that thing is! :p

Falleron
Jan 31, 2002, 06:13 PM
Sure will!! I'll just love bragging about my NEW DUAL 1GHZ with 1GIG of RAM!!!

barvow
Jan 31, 2002, 06:43 PM
Have you seen the Formac 17" LCD in person? I saw one in France over the Christmas holidays and was very impressed with it. Since it's exactly the same screen size as the Apple 17" display, at a cheaper price, I'm considering getting one, too.

Falleron
Feb 4, 2002, 10:40 AM
Ok, this is a little annoying now!! I am still waiting for my new powermac dual 1Ghz!! Come on Apple!

littlejim
Feb 4, 2002, 10:48 AM
Ok, this is a little annoying now!! I am still waiting for my new powermac dual 1Ghz!! Come on Apple!
Honestly not doing this to piss you off, but mine arrived this morning - took 7 days from ordering to delivery (I live in London).
I really would get onto them and give them what's what.

If it's any consolation ... it's worth the wait. It's got more attention from my wife and kids than I've had in the last year and my Missus hasn't ever touched me like she was carressing that Mac!

LittleJim
----------

Falleron
Feb 4, 2002, 10:53 AM
I phoned them this morning and they told me it would be with me soon! I heard that one before. I can wait because I know it will be good when I get it! Especially as I added a 17" Apple LCD to the order!!

Falleron
Feb 10, 2002, 11:00 AM
Ok, this is annoying me a little now!!! According to the apple web site my order has been shipped. However, when I go to the courier to track when it will arrive it says that I am not authorised to access this page!! Why?

lilscoy
Feb 10, 2002, 11:20 AM
Hey falleron, I'm with you...my machine just now shipped too. But I can access the page. On your account page, where it says it has been shipped, you should just be able to click on the tracking number, on apple's website, and it should take you there. How did you ship it? What company did they ship it through?

Falleron
Feb 10, 2002, 11:23 AM
The company is called : Kuhne & Nagel

When I click on the link I get the error message.

lilscoy
Feb 10, 2002, 11:50 AM
Hey, I checked out their website for you, and I went to the tracking page. It seems like it's under construction. Here is the tracking page and the message on it: (sorry man, I know you're anxious...so am I!! :) )

http://www.KN-Portal.com/frameset/tracking.html

-----------------------------------
Notice of planned maintenance:
Dear customer,
due to maintenance work, our Tracking & Tracing System might temporarily not be available on:
February the 9th (saturday) and feb the 10th (sunday) between 09:00 AM and 09:00 PM.
We are sorry for any inconvenience!

Ensign Paris
Feb 10, 2002, 11:52 AM
yey!

I have just got work to get me a dual-1ghz! Although they have decided to wait until my dual800 is needed somewhere else.

I expect it will be a dual2ghz by then!

blindman858
Feb 10, 2002, 12:00 PM
Good for u dude. I am happy for ya. I will be getting a brand new system when i graduate from highschool in 2 years. hopefully g5s or g6s will be out then lol,

tobyglyn
Feb 10, 2002, 05:56 PM
Apple have a deal going on LCDs when purchased with a new Mac. Savings can be up to AUS$1000. That's a lot of money off the price and surely brings the Apple monitor well below the price of the Formac?

Falleron
Feb 12, 2002, 07:49 AM
My new tower apparently shipped on the 8th!! How long will it take do you think (In UK)? The link on my order page does not work!!! I sent an e-mail to apple but had no reply! All I want is my new machine!

lilscoy
Feb 12, 2002, 08:10 AM
Hey falleron, did you see my earlier post? I found out why the link doen't work...

Falleron
Feb 12, 2002, 08:14 AM
Hi lilscoy, cheers for the info.

QUOTE:

-----------------------------------
Notice of planned maintenance:
Dear customer,
due to maintenance work, our Tracking & Tracing System might temporarily not be available on:
February the 9th (saturday) and feb the 10th (sunday) between 09:00 AM and 09:00 PM.
We are sorry for any inconvenience!

This say that they are down over the weekend, they should be up and running by now! The problem is that I am having to hang around because I dont know when it will be arriving which is a little annoying.

Falleron
Feb 13, 2002, 05:39 AM
Guess What!!!!!!! My new DP Mac just arrived!! I am used it now! Its amazing and its b****y quick!!! I love it!!

irmongoose
Feb 13, 2002, 05:59 AM
Good for you, Falleron! I guess it was worth the wait, huh?

irmongoose

Falleron
Feb 13, 2002, 06:41 AM
Thanks. I have noticed one thing though! When playing DVD's, they appear slightly grainey. Any ideas why??

Falleron
Feb 13, 2002, 05:37 PM
There is a lot of heat that comes out of my DP Powermac!! I dont need to have the heating on with this thing in the room! Plus, the machine is not that quiet. However, I am not complaining, I love my new 1GHZ POWERMAC!!

GyroFX
Feb 13, 2002, 06:04 PM
very nice! I got my Dual 1Ghz last friday...but guess what? I'm too lazy to go home to pick it up from my parents. It's been sitting in the box since last week...how lame am I eh? I'm getting a Lacie's 19' blue monitor with mine...for graphical reasons. The lcds are too much for me also :(. Hope you have fun with your new toy...i know i will :)