Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juventuz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2002
Binghamton
RCA's new Lyra Audio Video Jukebox...

I think Apple could take this thing and make it even better

photo_lyra.jpg

Here a link for it and some more cool stuff

http://www.time.com/time/2003/ces/?cnn=yes

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
I think these have limited appeal.

You can use an iPod when:
driving
waking
shopping
etc.

This means that they've been very successful with adults.

A video device will likely not have the same appeal, as you can't multitask with it. Therefore they'll sell primarily in the teenage and gadget freak demographics, and that means Apple prolly won't wholeheartedly approach the market.

Cursor

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
That is pretty cool. But Apple is an innovator not an immitator. I am sure they could make something above and beyond that.;)

will

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2002
Originally posted by Cursor
That is pretty cool. But Apple is an innovator not an immitator. I am sure they could make something above and beyond that.;)

Xerox might disagree ;)

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i seriously doubt this thing is going to stay at the $400 price they gave... the HD itself is probably this much, with whatever volume deal they've got, and then you have all the extras like the big screen...

plus, haven't there been problems with the legality of portable devices that can carry TiVo programming around? i thought the TV and movie industry was opposed to this, fearing another music-industry like problem...

anyway if they go through with this, Apple is going to have to do some serious iPod revisions... over $100 price drop on the high-end, for starters...

pnw

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
That's pretty cool. I'd like to see the ability to download photo's from digital camera's and from DV camera's. That would be really cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.