PDA

View Full Version : My carracho server

tliptak
Jan 17, 2003, 12:52 PM
Cheers

tliptak

Moxiemike
Jan 17, 2003, 01:25 PM
hey. do you happen to use a router for your server??

m

Backtothemac
Jan 17, 2003, 01:43 PM
Nice,
Thanks for the info.

britboy
Jan 17, 2003, 01:46 PM
Nice server. Why not specify a few more requests though?

Good quality files. Just a bit short in supply so far :)

jelloshotsrule
Jan 17, 2003, 02:13 PM
all this stuff for backup i assume? :)

Backtothemac
Jan 17, 2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
all this stuff for backup i assume? :)

What else can they be for? And so nice of him to let us all know what he has backuped on his server :)

jelloshotsrule
Jan 17, 2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac

What else can they be for? And so nice of him to let us all know what he has backuped on his server :)

says a certified apple reseller..... amazing!

jgracia
Jan 17, 2003, 04:31 PM
Can we access it as guest?

tliptak
Jan 18, 2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by jgracia
Can we access it as guest?

Yes you can.

blogo
Jan 18, 2003, 10:14 AM

says a certified apple reseller..... amazing!

Thats what most certified apple resellers says.
:rolleyes:

iJon
Jan 18, 2003, 10:19 AM
all i can say is i would never do what he is doing. Chances are none of that he owns, and he is probably providing the serials to go along with the programs. The place he works at owns it. I hope your ready to risk losing your apple certification and reseller authorization for your store because apple doesnt screw around. im just saying its really dumb what you are doing.

iJon

irmongoose
Jan 18, 2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by iJon
all i can say is i would never do what he is doing. Chances are none of that he owns, and he is probably providing the serials to go along with the programs. The place he works at owns it. I hope your ready to risk losing your apple certification and reseller authorization for your store because apple doesnt screw around. im just saying its really dumb what you are doing.

iJon

... says an Apple certified reseller's son!

Sigh... I guess many things change in just one generation, eh?

:rolleyes:

irmongoose

jelloshotsrule
Jan 18, 2003, 10:34 AM

did i miss where tliptak said he was an authorized reseller?

iJon
Jan 18, 2003, 11:06 AM

did i miss where tliptak said he was an authorized reseller?

ok, i think im going crazy, i must have read to fast. i guess he didnt say that. i just saw reseller somewhere in the thread. oh well, still, watch out who gets on your server. the wrong person may be logging on.

iJon

Ryan Heid
Jan 19, 2003, 12:39 PM
Why are you using Carracho?? DC man, DC!!!

Moxiemike
Jan 19, 2003, 12:47 PM
dc??

iJon
Jan 19, 2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Moxiemike
dc??
direct connect. its not really like carracho and hotline. you can get all your software and stuff, but you dont have to deal with all the passwords and logins and stuff, you just have to share a minimum amount of stuff as well to download on the hub. pretty neat actually.

iJon

MrMacMan
Jan 19, 2003, 12:51 PM

direct connect. its not really like carracho and hotline. you can get all your software and stuff, but you dont have to deal with all the passwords and logins and stuff, you just have to share a minimum amount of stuff as well to download on the hub. pretty neat actually.

iJon

If you have about 10 GB to share to begin with. :(

Ryan Heid
Jan 19, 2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman

Why would you need 10GB?

iJon
Jan 19, 2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman

you could always be cheap and make a blank 10 gb dmg and share it, that wouldnt be to nice now though, hehe.

iJon