Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
I am curious to know if anyones new iMac has shipped yet.

Mine has not and tomorrow is the 31st, I ordered it on 1/7.

It would be insteresting to see if they don't ship mine tomorrow.

I got the distinct impression from SJ that if I ordered it on 1/7, it would ship by the end of the month.

Although he did only say that they will be shipped by the end of the month, but he didn't specify to who - demo models, stores, businesses (i.e. Genentech), or general consumer.

So I guess he fulfilled his promise to begin shipping by the end of the month, just not to me....

Oh well...:(

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Geesh, can we get over this "has yours shipped yet I heard they shipped yesterday/last Monday/someone told me 3 in the afternoon on Thursday" stuff?!

What's the point?

As soon as someone on the board recieves theirs, tell us. That's all I wanna know.

(being grumpy today)

Quark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
It's Okay to be Grumpy

I'm sorry, I didn't see those other posts.

I saw several that talked about when they were supposed to ship, I never saw one where someone asked if theirs had actually shipped.

But, I suppose you're right. When someone's iMac ships, they'll tell us.

Sorry to have bugged you.

Convert

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2002
I received an email yesterday that my iMac has been shipped. I ordered it about 2 hours after the "Stevenote" I also chose the expediated shipping option.
The odd thing about this, is that Fed-ex tracking shows that it is being shipped from Taiwan. Is it typical for Apple to ship like this? I just assumed everything would be mass-shipped to N. California and then sent out to the rest of the States.

Quark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
It's normal to me

I ordered a bunch of stuff a couple hours after you did, including the new iMac.

My Airport2 and the iPod came from Taiwan.

I guess it's faster than routing it to CA and then reshipping it to the customer.

:D

Mine can't be far behind!!!:) :D ;) :p :cool:

voicegy

macrumors 65816
OK, I'm in a better mood. : )

Didn't mean to get all over ya, Quark. :)

I understand that they ship out of Taiwan, and don't be surprised that if the next time you check you see Alaska as an arrival destination. I've heard many ship there first, prior to their ultimate destinations, which is in all your HOT LITTLE HANDS so TELL US when you GET IT so we can all HEAR about your EXPERIENCES!

(a little less grumpy)

islygon

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2002
Taylorsville, UT
New iMAc

When someone receives their iMac, tell us when you ordered it, and when you received notice that it was shipping.

I did not order mine on the day of the keynote, I had to wait until the end of that week (1-11-02).

I know I have heard that some people have received notice that theirs shipped, but sounds like they have not even finished shipping all of 1-7-02's orders yet... I guess I will also keep waiting!

barvow

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2002
Fort Worth, TX
FedEx tracking shows that my iMac left Taiwan within the last day, is currently in Japan, on its way to Alaska. I ordered it about 12 hours after Steve Jobs quit talking. I don't expect it get to Texas before Friday or Monday.

islygon

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2002
Taylorsville, UT
It shipped

Ok,

I have posted this on other threads, but my iMac, ordered January 11th, shipped today.

I hope to see it by Wednesday or Thursday if it does not get stuck in customs or something!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.