PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on M-Audio Axiom 61/49?

OldCorpse
Feb 9, 2006, 03:31 AM
I know these have not been out for very long, but does anyone have any experience with the M-Audio Axiom 61 and/or 49:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Axiom61-main.html

I'm a bit uneasy that some of the features may be a bit gimmicky... f.ex. the trigger pads are not described as velocity sensitive, so I suspect they're not (otherwise M-Audio would be sure to mention such a feature), in which case I'd find them useless (why not just go with the Trigger Finger and a Key Pro 88).

craazy
Aug 28, 2006, 10:18 AM
I just picked up the AXIOM 49 and the drum pads are in fact velocity sensitive and work very well, however the transport controls do not seem to work at all and the software to program them in from M-Audio does not seem to have any type of support for garageband which is somewhat frusterating. I am going to try some more software out and see how intuitive the keyborad is.:D

Tajungba
Jun 8, 2007, 09:46 AM
I need help...I'am very new to Midi controllers like Axiom 61. I have just bought one and I'am trying to figure with the Midi controller.

The problem I have is...the LCD screen shows OFF with small cc. I could play it with Garageband but the problem is that I cannot use the PITCH BEND WHEEL and MODULATION WHEEL anymore. Can someone help me figure out what's happening.

Thanks.

Tajungba

Plumbstone
Jun 11, 2007, 04:07 AM
Have you looked at the Novation Remote series? As a control surface they are great, incredibly easy to set up and use. The keyboard is fine too, but if the midi controller side of thing is really important to your workflow then I highly recommend them.....