Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EHUnlucky7x9@ao

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
New Jersey
Hey guys,

Since you all own a PB Titanitum, can anyone help me figure out what the problem is with my laptop?

I've replaced the LVDS cable, the LCD, and the inverter board. BUT my PB still has the display "wash out" from time to time. Has anyone ever had this problem? I would move the LCD back or forward a bit and the image comes back. I've run out of things to replace I think....does anyone have any suggestions?

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
EHUnlucky7x9@ao said:
Hey guys,

Since you all own a PB Titanitum, can anyone help me figure out what the problem is with my laptop?

I've replaced the LVDS cable, the LCD, and the inverter board. BUT my PB still has the display "wash out" from time to time. Has anyone ever had this problem? I would move the LCD back or forward a bit and the image comes back. I've run out of things to replace I think....does anyone have any suggestions?

What exactly do you mean about wash out EHUnlucky? Mine ended up dying by the bottom two thirds of the screen going completely black (not just the backlight the whole screen in dead down there). It started to lose colour initially before it finally went.

I thought it was terminal but you've got me thinking i might be able to replace something now :).

jyumibe

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Tibook screen

check out this thread:

http://forums.macnn.com/archive/index.php/t-193819.html

and try applying some pressure on the bottom of the case in the left hand corner where the screen cable connects to the motherboard. it sounds like the connector there is no longer making a solid connection. that's what happened to mine--the mother board connector eventually came off and through a lot of jury-rigging (filing and glue and padding) i was able to apply enough pressure on it to get the thing back on to the motherboard. real pain, but it's been working fine for the last year or so.

EHUnlucky7x9@ao

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
New Jersey
Well, the area that I have to press down is on the left speaker. I don't know what's under there, but when I press it down, the display comes back to normal. I will check out the connector, but this LCD is new and it might be the cable. I will have to check that. Even when I had a different DATA FLEX CABLE on this laptop, the problem would arise. I doubt it is the cable...maybe it is the rectangular connector on the logic board. I will check it out and see what happens. If anyone else has more suggestions...I would be open ears to anything else. Thanks guy! MR members rock here!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.