PDA

View Full Version : Mad Jew Hits 10,000 Posts!

~Shard~
Feb 9, 2006, 08:07 AM
I just wanted to pass along my congratulations to my good friend mad jew for reaching the milestone of 10,000 posts here on MacRumors.

:) :D :cool:

<applause>

I realize other members have done it before, but not for a while, and they have all been Demis/Mods to my knowledge at the time they hit the milestone. mad jew however, is now the only MacRumors member who has an official 603 ranking, since he has elected not to have “Demi God” in his title. This also settles the debate, once and for all, of what ranking follows 601 and when it is achieved. That being said, we already saw that wdlove is technically a 604 – this occurred when he let his Demi status lapse for a brief period of time. :cool:

So, a big congrats, pat on the back, tip of the hat and a shiny :) sticker for you mad jew. Here’s to the next 10,000!

Cheers mate,
Shard

Blue Velvet
Feb 9, 2006, 08:19 AM
Like it's even important FFS.

Chaszmyr
Feb 9, 2006, 08:35 AM
I find it slightly amusing the he be celebrated for getting a title which means he's the only person who spends that much time on the site without contributing to help the site financially :rolleyes:

(Don't worry mad jew, we know you help the site in other ways)

edesignuk
Feb 9, 2006, 08:37 AM
I find it slightly amusing the he be celebrated for getting a title which means he's the only person who spends that much time on the site without contributing to help the site financially :rolleyes:

(Don't worry mad jew, we know you help the site in other ways)SSSssshhhhhh, mad jew is a "stealth" demi.

Blue Velvet
Feb 9, 2006, 08:38 AM

mad jew is a contributor.

But the only people who care about post counts are the same people who care about post counts themselves...

Why don't we celebrate something a little more worthy than just bloody post counts? :mad:

Quality, not quantity.

~Shard~
Feb 9, 2006, 08:39 AM

Actually, mad jew has contributed to the site just like the rest of the Demi Gods. He simply chose not to have "Demi God" or "Contributor" in his title, and wanted to keep his processor ranking.

Now that you've learned a lesson in not judging people so quickly without having all the facts, would you like some ketchup with your foot? :p :cool:

grapes911
Feb 9, 2006, 08:41 AM
Who said he wasn't a demi? ;)

He choose not to take a demi or contributer title.

~Shard~
Feb 9, 2006, 08:43 AM
Like it's even important FFS.

Wow, someone's in a bad mood today. If you're not interested or don't care, why bother posting at all and sh**ting on a congtratulatory thread like this? Or maybe you're doing it just to up your post count.... :p ;)

Blue Velvet
Feb 9, 2006, 08:48 AM
Wow, someone's in a bad mood today. If you're not interested or don't care, why bother posting at all and sh**ting on a congtratulatory thread like this? Or maybe you're doing it just to up your post count.... :p ;)

No, I'm just pointing out the futility and sheer back-slapping, ingratiatingly toe-curling nonsense of congratulating someone on their... post-count?

We might just go and find some spammers to congratulate as well, right?

Applespider
Feb 9, 2006, 08:50 AM
Well, since other 'milestone' posts are wastelanded, why should this be any different?

Besides, this 'news' is already covered in two other threads with appropriate congratulations/jokes.

~Shard~
Feb 9, 2006, 08:55 AM
No, I'm just pointing out the futility and sheer back-slapping, ingratiatingly toe-curling nonsense of congratulating someone on their... post-count?

We might just go and find some spammers to congratulate as well, right?

Yeah, or we could start a thread which everyone spams in congratulating Demis for various things as well... :p :cool:

Anyway, this was supposed to be a nice, congratulatory thread. Can we please keep it that way, and anyone wants to say anything critical, please exercise some restraint? :o

tobefirst
Feb 9, 2006, 10:59 AM
Well, since other 'milestone' posts are wastelanded, why should this be any different?

Besides, this 'news' is already covered in two other threads with appropriate congratulations/jokes.

Sorry, ~Shard~, I'm with Applespider on this one. Countless "Yea! 500 posts!" threads have been wastelanded. I understand that 10,000 is a lot more rare than 500, but I think the appropriate action would have been to PM mad jew, congratulating him privately.