PDA

View Full Version : Should Howard Stern make the move to iTunes?

MacBytes
Feb 9, 2006, 02:31 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Should Howard Stern make the move to iTunes? (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20060209153158)
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

AJ Muni
Feb 9, 2006, 02:52 PM
That would be awesome!!..but thank god for torrents as i download the show everyday for now...:D

bb0ys
Feb 9, 2006, 03:00 PM
Just get SIRIUS. I listen to it more than iTunes or anything else I have. Its a great service and well worth the $.

slu
Feb 9, 2006, 03:13 PM
I agree about the greatness of Sirius. I got it for Stern, but I spend much more time listening to everything else on there. The music is great and when they update the website so it streams Stern and has a better UI for streaming the music (so it is like the radios and you can browse what is on the other stations without switching to them), I will hardly need an iPod at all anymore. Only when traveling or working out.

mingisback
Feb 9, 2006, 03:14 PM
for most iPod owners Sirius isn't worth the money.

i like to decide what i'm going to listen to... not some noob DJ.

most the bands i listen to are hardcore bands on indie lables. i've heard the sirius equivalent.. it's some cheesy metal station... no thanx.

i think it would be great if Sirius started selling Howard shows on iTunes... but it could really hurt their subscription base.

I download Howard daily off Usenet and listen to him on my iPod.. i get to listen to Howard WHEN i want, and best of all it's commercial free :)

Downlod Unison and give it a try.... best usenet client ever.

yellow
Feb 9, 2006, 03:17 PM
I think..

That HS is ALREADY on the *pod in some for or another. It's out there.

I also thing that Sirius and he should continue to struggle for their $100mil a year deal he got.

That's ridiculous.

BOOMBA
Feb 9, 2006, 03:23 PM
I also thing that Sirius and he should continue to struggle for their $100mil a year deal he got.

That's ridiculous.

It was well worth it.
Sirius already made their money back.

I got Sirius last year, and love it.
I record Stern each day with Audio Hijack and listen on my iPod all day at work.
It's awesome!
I'm Awesome!
Stern's Awesome!
Hooray for everything!
:D

yg17
Feb 9, 2006, 04:18 PM
I think..

That HS is ALREADY on the *pod in some for or another. It's out there.

That's ridiculous.

Howard Stern himself isn't getting 100 mil a year. That 100 mil a year is paying for a new studio, equipment, everyone involved in the show, ect.

I have Sirius and love it. Worth the money IMO

fixyourthinking
Feb 10, 2006, 07:08 AM
It was well worth it.
Sirius already made their money back.

:D

Not quite ... Sirius hasn't made 100 million in profits in its 12 years of being commercially available.

slu
Feb 10, 2006, 08:40 AM
most the bands i listen to are hardcore bands on indie lables. i've heard the sirius equivalent.. it's some cheesy metal station... no thanx.

This sir, is untrue. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And I hope that everyone that steals Stern also steals all their software and all their music, and movies as well. You know, for consistancy.

chillywilly
Feb 10, 2006, 12:19 PM
If Stern does decide to do iTunes downloads, I'd say it should be podcasts that cover a small segment of the show.

I've got Sirius and an avid iPod user. I record the show and put it on my iPod and archive them (for when I like to hear a funny segment again).

Personally, I'd love to have Sirius streaming the show so I can listen at work (while I tape at home).

Stern rules and now I get to listen live in my home of Utah instead of having to wait to go out of town (like I used to).

sjk
Feb 10, 2006, 06:17 PM
Right now, if Apple offered a $13/mo. iTMS subscription service I'd get more value from that than Sirius. If circumstances were different I might prefer Sirius. Glad to know a few people here are enjoying it.

OCOTILLO
Feb 10, 2006, 10:03 PM
No!

ReanimationLP
Feb 10, 2006, 11:05 PM
I personally think Howard Stern is pretty overrated and dumb. :/

danny_w
Feb 10, 2006, 11:22 PM
I personally think Howard Stern is pretty overrated and dumb. :/
Agreed. I wouldn't pay 2 cents for him.

mainstreetmark
Feb 11, 2006, 10:40 AM
This sir, is untrue. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And I hope that everyone that steals Stern also steals all their software and all their music, and movies as well. You know, for consistancy.

what are you talking about? even stolen "Stern" likely has all the commercials and such, right? Not that I really know. I would never steal Stern, as it's just a waste of my time. Apparently people are enthralled listening to strippers on the radio, but not me.

chillywilly
Feb 11, 2006, 12:29 PM
Apparently people are enthralled listening to strippers on the radio, but not me.
His show is so much more than just strippers on the radio.

illegalprelude
Feb 11, 2006, 02:21 PM
thats a good question. Whoever stated though if you have an iPod you dont need Satelite radio...that is a very uneducated thing to say imho. Its laying saying whoever has a PDA no longer needs a PC.

Different beasts. Im an XM owner myself and I love it. Do i own an iPod? sure do but different beasts. I never know what song might play next, live news, weather, traffic in the car. Can my iPod do that? Can my iPod give me the top 20 songs of the day etc? No.

On the other hand, when im workin on set, I cant walk around with my XM unit and I cant choose those movie soundtracks that I love, thus me using my iPod.

Different beasts.

Gasu E.
Feb 13, 2006, 10:38 AM
Agreed. I wouldn't pay 2 cents for him.

I disagree. I would pay $.02 for him.

Gasu E.
Feb 13, 2006, 10:40 AM
whatApparently people are enthralled listening to strippers on the radio, but not me.

Do they wear little bells or something?