PDA

View Full Version : CodeWarrior Debugger on iMac Core Duo

brettbolt
Feb 10, 2006, 02:32 AM
Although I have already converted my main app to XCode, there are still times that I want to use CodeWarrior on my Intel iMac.

For example I have some old CW projects that are not worth the time to convert to XCode. Although CW 8 and CW 10 can compile and link the apps, the debugger locks up.

Is it possible (with CodeWarrior running on Rosetta) to debug CW projects? (It doesn't work when I try).

gnasher729
Feb 10, 2006, 06:07 AM
Although I have already converted my main app to XCode, there are still times that I want to use CodeWarrior on my Intel iMac.

For example I have some old CW projects that are not worth the time to convert to XCode. Although CW 8 and CW 10 can compile and link the apps, the debugger locks up.

Is it possible (with CodeWarrior running on Rosetta) to debug CW projects? (It doesn't work when I try).

Not a chance. Rosetta will translate your application from PowerPC code to Intel code (if it doesn't do that, then it cannot work). But the CodeWarrior debugger expects to debug a PowerPC application, and there is no PowerPC application executing!

I read but cannot confirm personally that XCode is actually capable of debugging PowerPC applications on an Intel machine, but the difference is of course that XCode actually has a development team working on it, and CodeWarrior hasn't :-(