PDA

View Full Version : SafarIcon 1.0

arn
Jan 19, 2003, 03:30 PM
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17981

People seem to like it...

SafarIcon allows you to change Safari's user interface by installing icons as well as other application resources such as nib files and localization files. SafarIcon comes bundled with a small set of high quality icon themes and more themes are available at the website. SafarIcon copies all graphical elements of Safari's user interface from its own themes into the Resources folder of Safari.app and replaces the originals. The application previews the new icons in a simulated browser window. SafarIcon also gives you the option to install Aqua Pinstripe or Brush Metal appearances of both the browser and download windows.

Beej
Jan 19, 2003, 05:31 PM
VERY nice! I've got mine set to the Oahu theme with an Aqua look. A bit plasticy for me, I might try to make an OmniWeb set...

Mal
Jan 19, 2003, 07:17 PM
Only problem is that sometimes some icons don't get switched. A few bug fixes and this will be the best application to go along with Safari I've seen.

Just a comment here... Isn't it cool to see all the programs to add things to Safari already? I just did a search on VersionTracker and found 25 programs. Apple did the right thing by making this OpenSource. Yeah, Apple!!

JW

blackpeter
Jan 19, 2003, 11:24 PM
Great idea. Easy to use. Now we just need some more themes!

shakespeare
Jan 20, 2003, 07:49 AM
This program is lovely! I simply switched it to a true graphite theme (which you can get by clicking the 'update themes' button under the preferences tab) and Safari feels like a finished product. It's amazing how much of a difference a change to a few visual elements makes. Very nice!

mangoman
Jan 20, 2003, 08:24 AM
Hey all: I'm not made outta money, but when a brothah writes a solid app like this, I say send da guy some aloha in the form of cash! NO, I don't know him. I just have a big heart for small ops like this who faithfully support the Mac. He's got a PayPal link on the app window--let's use it. Me first!

FWIW.

Oh, and Arn, thanks for the heads up!
:)

chewbaccapits
Jan 20, 2003, 01:54 PM
these guys move fast there is alot of apps for safari! thx for the heads up..