PDA

View Full Version : Is this a dream?

g4jedi
Jan 19, 2003, 06:00 PM
Does anyone think when new G4s come out the low end will have dual 1Ghz processors? I would like to be able to get the dual 1Ghz G4 for the same price as the dual 867. SOON!:p

Over Achiever
Jan 19, 2003, 06:10 PM
You're not dreaming.

That'll probably happen...unless they raise the prices a bit so it'd be more expensive (which is unlikely).

Thats the price you pay for technology...four months ago it cost $3200 for a 800 DVI MHz powerbook...now it's less than half that.

If 1 GHz is enough for you...if you wait you'll get a good deal on it as a low-end model.

g4jedi
Jan 19, 2003, 06:43 PM
I hope so. I hope it happens within a month or so. The longer it takes, the less I'll get for my old one on eBay. That money goes towards the new Mac. God, I hope it happens soon! Working in Maya is painfull at times on this 450Mhz G4.

Over Achiever
Jan 19, 2003, 06:51 PM
Don't take my word for it...but rumor has it that it'll be around March 3rd. ;)

g4jedi
Jan 19, 2003, 06:54 PM
I got my fingers crossed that it happens by then or sooner!

:rolleyes:

dricci
Jan 19, 2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Over Achiever
Don't take my word for it...but rumor has it that it'll be around March 3rd. ;)

I've heard the new Power Macs will be released sometime after January 24th or sometime in February. Same for the new iMacs/eMacs.

ibjoshua
Jan 19, 2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by dricci

I've heard the new Power Macs will be released sometime after January 24th or sometime in February. Same for the new iMacs/eMacs.

I think Over Achiever is more likely to be on the mark here. Most folks agree that Apple is going to drip feed the market for the first half of theyear in the hope that the media will forget to write about the lack of new speedy CPUs.

i_b_joshua