Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Open preferences, and then go to "appearance"
there's a slider that lets you chose the opacity of the contacts list.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah, it just only goes to 5%, and I can still see it a bit against my wallpaper. I suppose it will just have to do. Thanks anyway.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Why not just close the Contact List? I mean if you have it at 0% opacity then you won't be able to see the list. I'd imagine this is kinda why the 5% limit is there.

L

Lau

GimmeSlack12 said:
Why not just close the Contact List? I mean if you have it at 0% opacity then you won't be able to see the list. I'd imagine this is kinda why the 5% limit is there.

The names stay black, but it means the list edges fade into the background.

I haven't had much luck with this (but I'd like to do it). I find the text shadows of the names go all horrid.

The first is how I usually have it, as a compromise. The second is 0% opacity but the text outlines are hideous. The third is 100% opacity. The text looks great, but then on a coloured background this would be a white square.

(The contacts are grey because no-one's online, they're usually black. Johnny No-mates, me....:eek:)

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
This is how mine looks at 5% opacity.

99174292_a3695448a6.jpg

Im using the 'Its A Dock' theme, and 'Simple Desktop Layout', both from adiumxtras. Window style is set to borderless window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.