Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gringaenojona

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
hi there,
i have problems how to best organize my audiobooks on my 60GB ipod 5th generation (video).
i already converted all my audiobook files (they were already as mp3-files on my harddrive) via iTunes and an additional script to mp4b files. I put the genre to "audiobooks", then i made playlists from each book (like: playlist "schiller-maria stuart"; playlist "Ken_Follett" etc.).
on the ipod the playlists were still in the musik-folder...not in the audiobook-section...

then i tried to put all the audiobook-files into ONE playlist (e.g. "audiobooks_mp4b"). Now they where exclusively found in the audiobook-section of the ipod (juhu! at least one success!) BUT there were only the track names displayed AND all the tracks of all books where mixed up (like "Track_1" from one boook, then "Track_ 1-01" from the other book, then "Track_2" from the first book again and so on...). AND they are played in that order (or better:unorder) as well.

i found out that one solution could be to merge all tracks into one file (any software-suggestions for mac-osx???), but that would reduce the battery life of my ipod.
And then: how should I best organize even the merged files? into playlists ? or better not?

Has anybody already organized his / her huge audiocollection and is satisfied with it? Are there any shortcuts to avoid all this converting???

Any suggestion and help would be appreciated. And...have merci (swie-swie), I am just a user, no programmer...

saludos and thanx!

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2003
mi
wasteland! yay!

posting the same thing more than once isn't allowed in these forums...

and it looks like you've already got a response in your other (identical) thread, so this one will be deleted...

gringaenojona

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
mkaake said:
wasteland! yay!

posting the same thing more than once isn't allowed in these forums...

and it looks like you've already got a response in your other (identical) thread, so this one will be deleted...

huuups! sorry, was not meant to be double...

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2003
mi
it's all good. the mods around here are pretty good at moving multi-threads out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.