PDA

View Full Version : Best ear phones for running

bodeh6
Feb 13, 2006, 11:46 AM
I know this has been asked before but I could not find my answer in previous threads.

I hated the iPod earphones that came with my Mini. Got some cheap Philips ones that had better sound quality but less bass. Then Got the Sony Fontopia EX-81 in ear phones and like them a lot. How ever when I am running and I sweat, they have a tendency to slip a little and I have to push them back in. I am looking for ~$50 headphones that aren't bulky, they can be in ear or the regular outer ear, and must have good sound insulation like the Sony ones I had. Some people I say like those Grady SR60/80 but I would like to avoid those chunky things. Suggestions?

iGary
Feb 13, 2006, 12:12 PM
I know this has been asked before but I could not find my answer in previous threads.

I hated the iPod earphones that came with my Mini. Got some cheap Philips ones that had better sound quality but less bass. Then Got the Sony Fontopia EX-81 in ear phones and like them a lot. How ever when I am running and I sweat, they have a tendency to slip a little and I have to push them back in. I am looking for ~$50 headphones that aren't bulky, they can be in ear or the regular outer ear, and must have good sound insulation like the Sony ones I had. Some people I say like those Grady SR60/80 but I would like to avoid those chunky things. Suggestions?

Apple in-ears are probably your best bet. I've gone through 3 pairs of them in three years/12 marathons, but they stay in pretty well. All you have to do is pull them out every once and a while and dry them and your ear canal. Depends on how long you are running, but they require constant adjustment after 30 miles. ;)

shadowmoses
Feb 13, 2006, 12:37 PM
The Phillips for Nike headphones (http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-NIKE-PHILIPS-HJ030-SPORT-HEADPHONES-PSA-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ5865547942QQcategoryZ40138QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) are very good and well worth looking at, I have a pair and they are great for jogging,
Shadow

JPA
Feb 14, 2006, 10:49 AM
I have never found the in-ear phones like the ones that come with iPod comfortable - just my own personal preference. I use a Koss set (can't find a link or model # right now) that have the light plastic arm that goes over top the ear with the attached earbud that can hang just outside the ear or be pushed more into the ear. Here is an example of the general type I mean, not necessarily this model but to show the general type.
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-2/qid=1139934928/ref=sr_2_2/601-7147578-8241765?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B00000JB6M .
I find them most comfortable and they're practically impossible to fall off. I'm not necessarily judging the audio quality, but for running, I would not think that's as big a concern.

blackpeter
Feb 14, 2006, 10:58 AM
http://www.shurestore.com/earphones/eseries_e2c.html

Worth every bit of $99...

DarkNetworks
Feb 14, 2006, 12:04 PM
I would recomend the Nike Headphones...they're pretty cool ;)