Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

indigoflowAS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, OH
My roommate has the same exact TiBook that I have, but his has been experiencing some disturbing screen anomalies...static, scan lines, flickers, and a just generally jumbled up display. This occurs upon his moving of the hinges...say when readjusting the angle. Moving it to just the right angle allows a normal display. One girl in class even asked "hey, is that your screensaver?":p

If you look closely, you might make out an InDesign palette.:rolleyes:

IMG_3943a.jpg

capone2

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2005
chelsea-nyc
well i have somthing to say

i had the same tibook, my first mac. 11/06/02 and 6 months later i woke up a saturday morning and discovered that my laptop looked like a bad tv. went to apple and they fixed it, go ahead to dec 29 of 03 it happened again. This time they replaced the entire motherboard. sold it in march of 04.

PB 15" 1.67ghz/1gram
wht nano 4gb

arcobb

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2005
Colorado
Mac Mini 2

Not sure if the screen is dead... but if it is rip off the screen, plug it in to a Monitor and stick the computer in a book shelf... and boom... you've recycled it into a Mac Mini 2!

indigoflowAS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, OH
arcobb said:
Not sure if the screen is dead... but if it is rip off the screen, plug it in to a Monitor and stick the computer in a book shelf... and boom... you've recycled it into a Mac Mini 2!
hah...I've seen such contraptions around the web. Sucks cause he wants to sell the thing...I dunno what he should do. Ugly situation.

euphoria47

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2006
my dad's tibook is a first gen and although the screen doesnt look like that, it does flicker a lot of gibberish at times, and there are ever increasing vertical lines of random coloured dead pixels. funny thing is tho that the computer works fine still.... sorta

call apple and find out for sure, but sadly, i think your roommates tibook's days for this world are numbered.

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2004
I have the same issue with my B/W G3 and Studio display, although not as severe, and it occurs infrequently. The flickering gradually disappears after the monitor has warmed up, if it does happen. I'm not sure if my issue is a monitor, video card or computer issue. If you do get a resolution, please do a follow-up post, so hopefully I might become enlightened.

indigoflowAS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, OH
Black&Tan said:
If you do get a resolution, please do a follow-up post, so hopefully I might become enlightened.
will do...unfortunately i think he's gonna dump this seemingly severe issue on a poor prospective buyer that does not seem to see issue w/ it, mind boggling as it may be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.