Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Has anyone posted this yet:

britney-spears-baby-lap02.jpg

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
It's funny how times change, it wasn't all that long ago that a scene like that was normal instead of a scandal.

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
I don't think the pic is what is seems.

Not only does her door look like it is slightly open, but the passenger door is clearly open (or missing lol).

Just a mom, sitting in a parked car with her baby.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Josh said:

Not only does her door look like it is slightly open, but the passenger door is clearly open (or missing lol).

But she APOLOGIZED for it?? :confused:

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
iGary said:
Dumb whore.
There you go again, iGary. Blatantly asserting that she is paid for sex. I think the facts would show that she, in all actuality, pays an enormous amount of money for sex, in that her backup-dancer husband spends extravagantly. Please, consider getting your facts straight before you post. She is merely dumb. Not a whore.
iGary said:
Does she realize that she jumped the shark about four years ago?
Oh, you mean she did it again that recently? I think she put on those water skis as soon as she decided to release her second song.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
Josh said:

No, she was driving. Read the articles.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
miloblithe said:
No, she was driving. Read the articles.
Wasn't a great decision on her part, but I do feel sorry for her, and other 'celebs', who can't do anything in public(or even private) without it turning up on the front page of every tabloid and crappy weekly magazine.

I've asserted for a while that banning those stupid publications would do more for the environment then all the Toyota Prius' in the world....oh and did you see Leonardo di Caprio drives one of those!

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
mpw said:
Wasn't a great decision on her part, but I do feel sorry for her, and other 'celebs', who can't do anything in public(or even private) without it turning up on the front page of every tabloid and crappy weekly magazine.
I feel sorry for people who never intended to be celebrities - people in tragic news stories or whatnot - who are pursued by the tabloids.

I do not feel sorry for celebrities who have pursued fame. Like Britney. This is part of the price. Don't like it? Step out from the limelight, and the photogs will go away faster than you can snap your fingers.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
It would be nice if people had other interests so the market for celebrity photos and mags didn't create these circumstances. Unfortunately, the symbiotic relationship between stupid people and stupid celebrities seems kind of unavoidable.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
jsw said:
...I do not feel sorry for celebrities who have pursued fame. Like Britney. This is part of the price...
I don't buy that argument.

If I'm at work I accept that I get paid to take some crap from customers and be polite and professional, once I get home I don't expect them to call me there or hassel me in the supermarket.

Britney is a performer; she's paid to perform so when she steps on the stage she has to accept the critisim that she's not a good singer, actress or whatever. I don't see why she has to put up with the hassle when she's out shopping with her kids.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
mpw said:
I don't buy that argument.

If I'm at work I accept that I get paid to take some crap from customers and be polite and professional, once I get home I don't expect them to call me there or hassel me in the supermarket.

Britney is a performer; she's paid to perform so when she steps on the stage she has to accept the critisim that she's not a good singer, actress or whatever. I don't see why she has to put up with the hassle when she's out shopping with her kids.
It is a known job hazard, as it were. If she doesn't like the working conditions, she, like anyone, can quit the job.

She makes a fortune off of the public buying her albums and seeing her in concert. If she were never in the news, that fortune would be significantly smaller.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
If you look at the relationship between the two "sissybar" handles on the A-pillars you'll see that the vehicle is leaning slightly away from the camera; thus the passenger door is lower than the driver door that hides it from view, and I've just wasted a few precious moments of my life commenting on this.:rolleyes:

SUVs nowadays are just too big....judging by the photo it looks like Britney took up a day job as a Semi-truck driver.:eek:

faintember

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
the ruins of the Cherokee nation
^^^^^Yep, not to mention that Brit and baby are relatively in focus while the background is slightly blurred, indicating movement.

Oh, she isnt paid to be an entertainer, she is paid to be a "star" whether she signed up for the job or not. This the American way....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.