PDA

View Full Version : first mac (powerbook g4)...trying to play a wmv file

Goodfella
Feb 17, 2006, 03:09 PM
i downloaded a movie (wmv format). my computer says it won't play because it doesn't have a proper application to open it. i downloaded windows media player, so i could have something to open it with and now it says i can't open windows media player w/o a selected application. can anyone give me some insight?

BlueRevolution
Feb 17, 2006, 03:16 PM
i downloaded a movie (wmv format). my computer says it won't play because it doesn't have a proper application to open it. i downloaded windows media player, so i could have something to open it with and now it says i can't open windows media player w/o a selected application. can anyone give me some insight?

it sounds like your download got corrupted... that's the only reason I could think of why you would be getting the unable to open windows media player message. you could try downloading the player again, or you could try downloading Flip4Mac:

http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_download.htm

edit: damn, beat me to it :)

calebjohnston
Feb 17, 2006, 03:23 PM
Yeah, Flip4Mac will solve that problem for you. It's something we all have to download to get that windows media garbage to work right. Even then there's still some video directly from sites that doesn't load in Safari. Hence mac users needing more than one browser.

Goodfella
Feb 17, 2006, 03:44 PM
yeah it still wouldn't play...but thanks for the prompt help

Goodfella
Feb 17, 2006, 03:46 PM
nevermind it worked!! thanks!!!!:)