PDA

View Full Version : The Visual Media Direction

Kuru Kuru
Feb 17, 2006, 04:51 PM
Not that it isn't a great direction to be taking iPod, with the touchscreen iPod and video capability ideas! But it almost seems to be the shallow route, as advanced as it is, compared to some other functionalities that it could be incorporating.

It struck me the other day, when I was engaging in Newton-related nerdishness, how wonderful it would be if Apple's tablet-related patent was pointing toward that sort of idea. I can just picture AirPort technology taking the iPod to the stage where you can tune in to the personally-selected shared playlists of people around you like little radio stations, and from there, eventually to a device that could connect at wireless hotspots for email, instant messaging, etc. The direction of the Newton, without all the failure stuff. More user-friendly and relaxed-use.

So just out of curiosity, am I the only one who has been wondering about this? :p

Don't get the impression that I'm insulting the iPod Video, because I think it's awesome, even if I wouldn't spring for one myself (I don't watch TV hardly ever as it is, and I spend more time with my iPod providing background music from my pocket than I do looking at it's gorgeous, shiny visage). So other than that, go nuts :)