Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
DJ Keegan writes "I found this on an iMac model page and thought i'd mention it. If you look at the chart and go to "iMac (Summer 2001)" you'll see the Original OS says: 9.2:

take look here"

Indeed, it appears 9.2 was originally scheduled for release with the Summer iMacs. Either Steve forgot to mention it, or things got delayed. The big question is when we'll see "Mac OS X" listed as the Original OS. It was supposed to be MacWorld NY. I can only assume when 10.1 comes out. Anyone have any info?

[Edited by Macrumors on 07-19-2001 at 06:23 AM]

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
patchage

Yep...

I've seen that around too... apparently all the G4's will have "Mac OS 9.2"...

I don't think it's final though... Apple has always included slighly bumped versions of Mac OS to all systems.... the reason is the OS has to be updated to support new hardware. When I got my Mac IIsi, it came with a couple of extensions which were specific for the IIsi... later versions of the OS contain these.

So, it might just be the stop-gap version before they release the "real" 9.2

I also read that they weren't going to release a full 9.2... and instead only bundle it with Mac OS X 10.1

Not sure if people will be happy with that. It doesn't affect me, since I'm in OS X entirely (except for unreal tournament :) )

arn

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
9.2 only on Quicksilver....

According to Apple's TIL:

http://til.info.apple.com/techinfo.nsf/artnum/n58840

Looks like 9.2 really is just for the new G4s for the time being...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.