Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Hi, I need to make a form with boxes for name, contact info etc. and really don't know where to start. I guess a template would be best but I have dreamweaver, it looks easy enough, but I don't always connect every bit of html and I just end of frustrated.

I need it to be placed in an email after it is filled out. Most codes I've seen online are pretty bad.

Any suggestions?

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
Peyton said:
Hi, I need to make a form with boxes for name, contact info etc. and really don't know where to start. I guess a template would be best but I have dreamweaver, it looks easy enough, but I don't always connect every bit of html and I just end of frustrated.

I need it to be placed in an email after it is filled out. Most codes I've seen online are pretty bad.

Any suggestions?

how would you know it is bad if you don't know where to start and don't seem to know anything about web development?

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
I would just use RapidWaver because it sounds like you don't know much about Dreamweaver or web development as superbovine said.

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Peyton said:

Any suggestions?

Here is a contact form creator...

http://www.tele-pro.co.uk/scripts/contact_form/

I also have a free script that I use that I quite like. Will send you the name of it if I can retrieve it.

ChicoWeb

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2004
California
Yah, if you want it submitted via send mail, you are going to have to use PHP or ASP. Otherwise it will just open up in their default email program which is kinda ghetto. Look for free contact scripts on all of the script resource pages.

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
You're right, I don't really get technical with dreamweaver, I just set somethings up to publish, but thanks for the advice. By the way, I'm learning web development slowly, but on my own, so sorry for the inexperience! Thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.