PDA

View Full Version : New Shuffle! New 3G battery!

lanray
Feb 18, 2006, 11:16 AM
My sister borrowed my 3G 10 gig iPod and ran down the battery (only 30 minutes of charge total) and fried the headphones. I bought the Sony in-ear headphones because they're recommended, etc. When you are sitting still they sound GREAT, but if you bump the wires the sound transmits and kind of ruins the sound. Made it difficult to run with them. I thought to just replace the headphones through Apple, but you can only buy them with a remote for about $50. So, I ordered a battery for my iPod at www.batteryship.com without problems. Replacing it was simple enough. Then I ordered a refurb 512 MB Shuffle. The salesperson talked me into an armband (free shipping - ends up being $75 for the whole deal). Stoked! For a cool hundy I get new phones, a longer-lasting battery for my old iPod, and a Shuffle with armband. Will probably sell the 3G iPod eventually, though.

ArcTeryx
Feb 18, 2006, 11:32 AM
Thats the same problem with the etymotic er4p headphones, the cord dangles and gets really microphonic when running or even walking. Wind noise makes that swirling noise.
I don't have nearly as big a problem with my E3's since they come in with the wire wrapped behind the ears. See if you can loop the sony's in from behind you, dangle them over from behind your ears, then put them on.
Otherwise, the newer sony in-ear ear buds have an ear clip. Try doing that and getting a small binder clip to secure the excess wire near your collar or something so it doesn't flap around.

My sister borrowed my 3G 10 gig iPod and ran down the battery (only 30 minutes of charge total) and fried the headphones. I bought the Sony in-ear headphones because they're recommended, etc. When you are sitting still they sound GREAT, but if you bump the wires the sound transmits and kind of ruins the sound. Made it difficult to run with them. I thought to just replace the headphones through Apple, but you can only buy them with a remote for about $50. So, I ordered a battery for my iPod at www.batteryship.com without problems. Replacing it was simple enough. Then I ordered a refurb 512 MB Shuffle. The salesperson talked me into an armband (free shipping - ends up being $75 for the whole deal). Stoked! For a cool hundy I get new phones, a longer-lasting battery for my old iPod, and a Shuffle with armband. Will probably sell the 3G iPod eventually, though.

lanray
Feb 18, 2006, 12:15 PM
I already returned the earphones, but I did try that. The Fontopia's are designed to go behind head, probably for this problem. I remember being fairly impressed with my iPod headphones when I got them. Sure, there's folks here that find them truly inadequate, but they're also the type that will blow big bucks on sound. I suspect I'll be fairly happy with my set-up when it comes. Plus, I'm looking forward to seeing if there's much difference in sound between the Shuffle and my old iPod.

ArcTeryx
Feb 18, 2006, 01:08 PM
You can always get a pair of nice headphones to listen to and use the regular stock buds to exercise with.
Personally if you're exercising anyway, you won't be able to tell much difference between sound quality.