Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john159

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2005
The interface on my iPod is loose, it wiggles and moves around. It is about 3 months old, can i just go to the apple store and ask for a replacement and get it right there. Or do i need to wait for the whole replacement program.. with the mail and sutff??

ALso i have an invisible shield on my ipod, i am going to take it off before i bring the ipod to the store, does the invisible shield company offer replacements if you ipod needs to be replaced. Can i get a new IS because i need a new ipod??

Alright thanks

ArcTeryx

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2006
My ipod 5G is about 5 days old and the center button already wiggles around. How loose is yours that it warrants a replacement??

john159 said:
The interface on my iPod is loose, it wiggles and moves around. It is about 3 months old, can i just go to the apple store and ask for a replacement and get it right there. Or do i need to wait for the whole replacement program.. with the mail and sutff??

ALso i have an invisible shield on my ipod, i am going to take it off before i bring the ipod to the store, does the invisible shield company offer replacements if you ipod needs to be replaced. Can i get a new IS because i need a new ipod??

Alright thanks

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
john159 said:
The Invisible Shield has a lifetime warranty, but I'm not sure if this would be covered by the warranty. It's not their fault that the iPod may need to be replaced.

But, who knows, maybe they will replace it for you. If they do replace it free of charge, that's pretty impressive customer support! I say give them a call or drop them an email and ask.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
john159 said:

Alright thanks
Invisible Shield offers lifetime warranties on its products. I don't think this includes replacement in your case. However, IS states they'll replace any product that has failed to do its job and/or been scratched through. And since you're replacing your iPod anyway....

Now before you go at your ipod with a fork, bring it into the applestore and ask if they'll replace it first. If they agree to, tell them you're going to take it home and remove the shield, then bring it back for replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.