Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illustratorDavi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
North Yorkshire
Hi

I'm wanting to try webobjects. I understand it is now free with Tiger. I have a 2.7ghz G5 so I thought it might be on one of the installation dvds, but I can't find it on either dvd.

I installed xcode but when i do a spotlight search i can't find an app called webobjects. Is it now embedded in xcode or something ?

Thanks
David

illustratorDavi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
North Yorkshire
Aha !!

WebObjects 5.3 Available with Xcode 2.1
The WebObjects developer tools are now included with Xcode 2.1. Key features of Web Objects 5.3 include:

Haven't found an actual app but i'm downloading an update for webobjects to see what happens

Thanks for the advice
David

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Hmm, I hadn't heard they made WebObjects free, is that true? Too bad they kind of abandoned it and slowly let it die (a la AppleWorks), it was some great forward-thinking technology at the time.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I think it's an optional install when you install XCode. You may need to do a customised install to get it...

I have the most recent XCode installed and don't see anything obvious in my /Developer folder...

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
robbieduncan said:
I think it's an optional install when you install XCode. You may need to do a customised install to get it...

I think you are correct.

webobjects.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.